Multi Elite Xbox Wireless Controller Series 2 - Discussion Thread

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
c7288a05-2f82-4b91-abd5-a2a70fd343e7.jpg

Adjustable-tension thumbsticks I Shorter hair trigger locks I Wrap-around rubberized grip I Re-engineered components
Available on 11/4/2019
Get free shipping and hassle-free returns when you buy direct from Microsoft Store.

$179.99
Microsoft Store
Amazon

ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I dont game on Xbox but PS really needs to step up their DualShock game. Every time I buy a new controller I have go buy better thumb and trigger grips. This looks sweet. Can I use it on my PS4? Lol.

I'll definitely be getting one of these. I love my Series 1 so much that I have to get one of these. :D
For an Xbox gaming then this would be a must for me after going so many years with the series one, but as you are a windows gamer id seriously consider the Nacom revolution unlimited controller mate.

I was lucky enough to get a hands-on feel for the series 2 Elite at an event back a few months ago and don't get me wrong ill 100% get getting one from launch for my Xbox but after getting a Ps4 and getting the Nacom, the Nacom for me is easily a better controller and if I had the choice between the two for multi-use id go for the Nacom hands down, which to be honest id never thought id say as I love my Elite controller.

The only plus on the Elite is the thumb extensions, but for me, I never really bothered with them and the fact that I don't have the paddles is a big plus in my eyes.

Definitely worth a little look into mate before you shed out the $$$$ on a new one.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
For an Xbox gaming then this would be a must for me after going so many years with the series one, but as you are a windows gamer id seriously consider the Nacom revolution unlimited controller mate.

I was lucky enough to get a hands-on feel for the series 2 Elite at an event back a few months ago and don't get me wrong ill 100% get getting one from launch for my Xbox but after getting a Ps4 and getting the Nacom, the Nacom for me is easily a better controller and if I had the choice between the two for multi-use id go for the Nacom hands down, which to be honest id never thought id say as I love my Elite controller.

The only plus on the Elite is the thumb extensions, but for me, I never really bothered with them and the fact that I don't have the paddles is a big plus in my eyes.

Definitely worth a little look into mate before you shed out the $$$$ on a new one.
I see where your coming from but as far as PC games are concerned, there more supportive of XBOX controllers plus I need those paddles. It allows me to assign the buttons to them and that way i don't have to take my thumb off the thumb stick and can get a quicker aim while getting a round off.

I see where your coming from but as far as PC games are concerned, there more supportive of XBOX controllers plus I need those paddles. It allows me to assign the buttons to them and that way i don't have to take my thumb off the thumb stick and can get a quicker aim while getting a round off.
Same on the other mate, just in a more convenient position, well for me anyway :rofl:

I watched a lot videos on both and I'm leaning more towards the XBOX Elite Series 2 controller for a few reasons.
  • The XBOX is claiming that the controller has a 40-hour battery charge when fully charged and the Nacom only 7.
  • The XBOX controller can charge inside or outside the case while the Nacom has to charge only outside the case.
  • The XBOX controller has interchangeable magnetic pads for it's thumb sticks while the Nacom only has ones that pop in or out. That seems as though they could break after time so I'm leaning more towards XBOX on that one.
  • To make the thumb sticks have more or less tension on the XBOX it only requires a key to turn the stems left or right to adjust them while the Nacom require you to remove and replace the stem shaft columns. I much prefer the XBOX's method.
  • The XBOX has physical sliders to adjust the triggers throw and how much to depress the triggers while the Nacom requires you to go into the software to adjust that feature. So with the XBOX I can adjust them on the fly and even within the game and with the Nacom you can't adjust on the fly within the game, you'll have to exit the game first go into the software and adjust them and then reactivate your game and test it.
You have to remember that I'm using this on the PC not a console so these features are geared more to my liking. The only caveat I have is that the XBOX controller is $20 more than the Nacom.
@Robles

I watched a lot videos on both and I'm leaning more towards the XBOX Elite Series 2 controller for a few reasons.
  • The XBOX is claiming that the controller has a 40-hour battery charge when fully charged and the Nacom only 7.
  • The XBOX controller can charge inside or outside the case while the Nacom has to charge only outside the case.
  • The XBOX controller has interchangeable magnetic pads for it's thumb sticks while the Nacom only has ones that pop in or out. That seems as though they could break after time so I'm leaning more towards XBOX on that one.
  • To make the thumb sticks have more or less tension on the XBOX it only requires a key to turn the stems left or right to adjust them while the Nacom require you to remove and replace the stem shaft columns. I much prefer the XBOX's method.
  • The XBOX has physical sliders to adjust the triggers throw and how much to depress the triggers while the Nacom requires you to go into the software to adjust that feature. So with the XBOX I can adjust them on the fly and even within the game and with the Nacom you can't adjust on the fly within the game, you'll have to exit the game first go into the software and adjust them and then reactivate your game and test it.
You have to remember that I'm using this on the PC not a console so these features are geared more to my liking. The only caveat I have is that the XBOX controller is $20 more than the Nacom.
@Robles
I get a lot of what you are saying about being a PC gamer bit, these features that the series 2 will have don't sway me personally towards it.

Its personal preference, both controllers have some great features and they are both great controllers in their own way, a couple of things I will say tho about what swayed you towards the S2, I much prefer the way that you adjust the triggers on the Nacom as Xbox had huge issues over this with the first controller, so the fact that I can adjust it with software is a big plus for me and really stops the trigger being under to much stress, again with the S2 being mechanical.

Also, this tension thing I'm also a little dubious of, as again I think over time this is going to cause a few problems. The series 1 had with loads of people suffering from drift.

I will still be getting on for my Xbox as I love the original but I really do hope that they have done a better job this time around with the mechanics and not overdone it this time just to get sales with what they claim it can do.

I get a lot of what you are saying about being a PC gamer bit, these features that the series 2 will have don't sway me personally towards it.

Its personal preference, both controllers have some great features and they are both great controllers in their own way, a couple of things I will say tho about what swayed you towards the S2, I much prefer the way that you adjust the triggers on the Nacom as Xbox had huge issues over this with the first controller, so the fact that I can adjust it with software is a big plus for me and really stops the trigger being under to much stress, again with the S2 being mechanical.

Also, this tension thing I'm also a little dubious of, as again I think over time this is going to cause a few problems. The series 1 had with loads of people suffering from drift.

I will still be getting on for my Xbox as I love the original but I really do hope that they have done a better job this time around with the mechanics and not overdone it this time just to get sales with what they claim it can do.
I'll probably get one of these in a week or two but I'm going to also take your advise and most likely also get a Nacom as well so I can try both out and see which one I like the most plus I can also use it with my PS4 too.

Reactions: Robles
I'll probably get one of these in a week or two but I'm going to also take your advise and most likely also get a Nacom as well so I can try both out and see which one I like the most plus I can also use it with my PS4 too.
Yeah mate, I cancelled my preorder for the S2, Ill still be picking it up at some point but really want to see some proper reviews of it and for what it claims it can do.

Glad to hear that your thinking of picking up the Nacom, its a great controller mate and im sure you won't be disappointed.