Multi Elite Xbox Wireless Controller Series 2 - Discussion Thread

Hmm, is this really good? I've watched some vids on Youtube claiming that the clicking sound is louder than the V1 and that there are other issues as well. Would you recommend an upgrade? I have the Elite V1 and already had to replace the bumpers and the grips (bought Scuff grips and these are much better)

Would you recommend the upgrade? (I don't mind the price, when it comes to gaming i tend to buy the higher end accessoires anyways)
I’ve seen those reviews as well and I don’t have any of those. Aside from the Bluetooth not working all that well mine is working great. I’m sure the Bluetooth will get fixed though with a firmware update. I just use my v1 wireless adapter and all is well. Yes I do recommend an upgrade, the improvements are very very good over the first gen.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
I’ve seen those reviews as well and I don’t have any of those. Aside from the Bluetooth not working all that well mine is working great. I’m sure the Bluetooth will get fixed though with a firmware update. I just use my v1 wireless adapter and all is well. Yes I do recommend an upgrade, the improvements are very very good over the first gen.
Thank! Guess i'll bite the bullet and acquire one. Already got 2 V1 Elite's and a Scuff Impact (PS4).

But i have a feeling that they will release a V3 once Xbox (Series X) arrives, cause the new controller with the Series X has slighty different positioning with the analog sticks.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Thank! Guess i'll bite the bullet and acquire one. Already got 2 V1 Elite's and a Scuff Impact (PS4).

But i have a feeling that they will release a V3 once Xbox (Series X) arrives, cause the new controller with the Series X has slighty different positioning with the analog sticks.
Personally doubt you'll see a V3 anytime soon.

The first was released in 2015 and with the second being such a big improvement it won't something you'll see even when the new Xbox is released.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
True, but Microsoft is crazy when it comes to their controllers. They have released so many variations and colour schemes. Maybe a small adjustment when the X arrives. Just to boost peripheral sales ;-)

True, but Microsoft is crazy when it comes to their controllers. They have released so many variations and colour schemes. Maybe a small adjustment when the X arrives. Just to boost peripheral sales ;-)
Agree, Xbox have a crazy amount of controllers out there but when it comes to their Elite they seem to stick to what's there.

As I said I don't think you'll see another for a few years yet :thumbs:

Brilliant controller and have to be honest it ***** all over the Nacon :D:rofl:

You weren’t wrong mate :rofl: it just feels so nice to hold and use:thumbs: haven’t played around with all the tension stuff yet I was too busy wanting to use it:LOL: The charging dock inside the case isa very neat little touch too.

This does feel a far superior controller to the other one that I got for the PS4, it feels a little like a toy now I’ve used this properly:whistle::thumbs:

@Savage Clown Oh its brilliant mate far better than the Nacon that I got for the Ps4.

I play Forza quite a bit and it's so smooth for that. Also really like the new grip layout, a big improvement over the last.

The only thing I have really messed around with yet is the stick tension as I quite like it as it is but ill have a mess around with those in time.

Overall I'm super happy with it mate and worth every penny :thumbs:

I'd never owned an Elite 1 so picked this up last year blind.
Its my favourite controller I've ever used. Its weighty, its responsive, I love being able to change the tension of things & the depth of the trigger pulls.

I have the sticks tuned to Tension Level 2 so they're a bit stiff but not fully, right trigger is set to Depth Level 2 & left trigger set to depth level 3. I find it makes for more responsive "aim down sights".

Reactions: Robles
I'd never owned an Elite 1 so picked this up last year blind.
Its my favourite controller I've ever used. Its weighty, its responsive, I love being able to change the tension of things & the depth of the trigger pulls.

I have the sticks tuned to Tension Level 2 so they're a bit stiff but not fully, right trigger is set to Depth Level 2 & left trigger set to depth level 3. I find it makes for more responsive "aim down sights".
I haven't messed around with the tension yet but it sounds like its worth doing. Do they click into place when you change it?

I haven't messed around with the tension yet but it sounds like its worth doing. Do they click into place when you change it?

With the sticks, yeah. You turn it & you'll feel a small click when you reach Level 2 & then it'll just stop twisting altogether for level 3. Level 1 just feels like a standard Xbox controller to me, but changing up the tension definitely makes for better handling in my opinion.

With the sticks, yeah. You turn it & you'll feel a small click when you reach Level 2 & then it'll just stop twisting altogether for level 3. Level 1 just feels like a standard Xbox controller to me, but changing up the tension definitely makes for better handling in my opinion.
Gonna have a mess around with them tonight and see how they are, Im wondering would they be better for games like Forza :whistle:

A little update to mine :thumbs:

94978597_1078098505901941_1137835268770889728_n.jpg

95028597_160968491999505_2035824578592243712_n.jpg

95142444_1591123744373952_5516225677361152000_n.jpg