All Week [ENDED] David's Giveaway series #02 - Jaws Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naughtius Maximus

Premium Supporter
Oct 30, 2011
Hello members, and thanks for reading about my giveaway!

HOST / Donated by:
Naughtius Maximus / Discshop.se

DURATION:
Ninja week: Feb 22 - Feb 28

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
All registered members, regardless of post count

The PRIZE:

discshop- (1).jpg
Discshop (1).jpg

(All wording is in English)

How do i win this?!

Q: What's the challenge?
A: Tell us your first memory of watching this film and the effects (if any) it had on you!

CONTEST TERMS and other Info:
One post/entry per person. The winner is responsible for paying for his/her own shipping. I will contact winner(s) with info but due to its weight this will cost at least £25 to send EU / ROW.

MULTIPLE WINS? No problem, I will combine all your winnings into one package at a combined shipping cost.

Good luck everyone!

Click HERE to support the site

Stay tuned for updates throughout the Ninja Week 2016 and all year round:

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Last edited:
I did not watch this movie until I was too old and not able to be scared by it. It's masterful film-making, and I loved it. But probably would have enjoyed it more when I was younger.

The first time I saw this classic I was 8 years old. It terrifies me so bad, I couldn't even get into a swimming pool!

When I have seen this movie first time I was 10 years old. Probably I was a very scared. :)

Thanks for the great giveaway!

Awesome giveaway, the first time i watch it, i was 10 years old. And damn, it scare me a lot and living in an island i always watch my back while i am swimming :p :LOL::rofl::LOL:

P.S when ever the summer comes, i never watch this movie :p:D:LOL:

Reactions: chunk and 1990ge
Im pretty sure i was around 10yo when i first saw Jaws, or atleast parts of it. And it did leave a mark with me as i was afraid of sharks for longer then i care to admit haha. But i do really love the movie now as an adult.

Thanks for the awesome giveaway:notworthy::thumbs:
Think I was around 6/7 years old when I first saw this movie.. me, my sis and brother loved it, we watched the first 3 movies a million times(1st film was my favorite).. we were very disappointed when jaws the revenge was released:rofl:

I don't remember being scared at all (something wrong with me?:bag:) I just loved it so much, I thought the look of the film was beautiful (I didn't know what cinematography meant back in 1984:emb:) also the music, so simple and yet so effective (we always hummed the song whilst chasing each other around the house) it wasn't so much scary as it was exciting to me, loved the story and the characters.. it's still one of my most favorite films of all time and always will be.. I never get tired of watching it.. great memories:joy:

Great give away.

I cant really remember it affecting me but I do remember watching it with my Dad.

I was very young when i saw this the first time, maybe 9 or 10. It affected me such a way that i was afraid to swim in the ocean after that and i still choose very carefully where i swim.

thanks for the giveaway :thumbs:

This was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema!
My parents took me and I believe I was open mouthed for the duration!
The sheer size of the screen, the subject, all those people!
Hooked on movies for life!
Wonderful prize, thanks ;)

Wow what a prize this is my all time fave film I remember watching it for the first time when I was about 10 and i think it's psychologically stopped me going in the sea as I hate beaches and avoid them lol
My dream was to go to universal and ride on the jaws ride which I did now I'm just so gutted it's gone taking it away in favour of Harry Potter hurts

I always have the music in my head and the shark coming out of the water, was scary when I watched it back then!

great giveaway!!

I remember sneaking down when i was really young to catch a glimpse of certain parts of this film. Wasn't until i was about 10 that i watched it all the way through. It had the opposite effect on me to most people, i fell in love with sharks after watching it. I got well into snorkelling wherever we went on holiday i went out on the hunt for sharks, even off the cost of the UK and France haha.

Thanks for the give away!

Woah this takes me back.......I was only young when I watched this but it made me never wanting to go into the sea ...LOL :joy:

Most excellent giveaway dude!!!!

I remember vividly my first viewing of JAWS!

Not sure if I was ever ramped up for a movie like this. I had bought the paperback when it was No.1 on the best sellers list and just loved it. JAWS was in my universe long before Speilberg got his hands on it. When ads broke on TV I was a psychotic mess, pestering my parents over and over and over to let me see it. My mom didn't want me to because of it being 'too intense for younger viewers". My dad just laughed and pointed to my admiration for Vampires getting staked in the heart, and I was still alright. (good ol' dad). Knowing of the long lines my dad dropped me off 2 hours before the showing, and there was already a long line. In a matter of mere moments I looked behind me and the line nearly twice as long!!! Once we all got in the theater it was very abuzz with anticipation, with lots of talking and laughing. Once it started it was dead silent! It was the ultimate thrill ride from the first moment when Chrissie's attack slammed me back in the seat. Holy smokes. I left that theater in a serious euphoric high, totally believing I'd just seen the greatest movie of all time, and still feel that way today.As for it's impact, I grew up in Tampa and went to the beach in Clearwater ALL THE TIME. Never had an issue getting in the water ever. My first trip to the beach after JAWS and I remember thinking "No way I'm getting in that water" and only went in up to my knees, still not sure I was safe. It took me over a decade to even fully go back in the water, but after a shark followed my wife and I to the shore in StPete about 20 years ago I'm again more than a little timid about it. Probably doesnt help that I recite JAWS as we're in the water. lol. A side impact of the movie is that, because of it, I met my lifelong pal and best friend Mike, which led me to meet the love of my life, Denise.

@Ricker @jcm @bloodsnake007

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.