Enough with this.... Lets pour some real hard liquor in here!

Jason Bourne

Contributor-Prints
Premium Supporter
Oct 24, 2011
Van-City, BC
Since there is no place really for hard alcohol I thought I would post this in the beer section... seemed appropriate.

When your feeling a little more then beer what are you folks drinking?

Personally Im a Vodka man with the occasional scotch.

This is what Im drinking a few of on the rocks tonight (yes thats Iron Man beside my bottle! I threw it in the pic just for giggles for HDN):

A taste of the good life :) ...

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
niiiice. If shots .... just give me Patron. Otherwise I'm a fan of cognac's , rums etc. I'll get some pics here eventually. I got a very very very mini bar ... ill post some pics.

Reactions: Jason Bourne
niiiice. If shots .... just give me Patron. Otherwise I'm a fan of cognac's , rums etc. I'll get some pics here eventually. I got a very very very mini bar ... ill post some pics.

^^^ Cool. Lets so those pics. I can't mix Tequila with anything else. If I start the night out with Tequila then I must finish with Tequila. Funny thing is I can mix different drinks, beer, wine all in one night out and no stomach problems or otherwise. Ever. But Tequila goes in my system with anything else and boom Im done, lol.

Grand Marnier, puts you on your ass boy

nice^^^ I actually like Grand Marnier as well.

I've been getting into bourbon over the last year. I like to sip neat, no ice... my favs so far are:

Buffalo Trace
Knob Creek
Woodford Reserve

For scotch, I haven't tried nearly enough to give a legit 'best of' list, but so far I've enjoyed:

Glenlivet 12yr (single malt)
Johnnie Walker Black
J&B Rare (for my cheap-o bottle)

I tried the Chivas Regal but wasn't a fan... I prefer J&B at the 'value' end.

Last edited:
Here's a drink for your ladies, pear goose and cherry 7up. 7up hides the liquor ;)

Thank me later lol

^^^ lol, Horhay.

When I'm not drinking a beer, I'll go for some Crown. I've got a couple of the different kinds in the house right now.

^^^ Crown's pretty decent. A little on the sweet side though I find... unless Im remembering wrong which is possible when you drink :p

I've been getting into bourbon over the last year. I like to sip neat, no ice... my favs so far are:

Buffalo Trace
Knob Creek
Woodford Reserve

For scotch, I haven't tried nearly enough to give a legit 'best of' list, but so far I've enjoyed:

Glenlivet 12yr (single malt)
Johnnie Walker Black
J&B Rare (for my cheap-o bottle)

I tried the Chivas Regal but wasn't a fan... I prefer J&B at the 'value' end.

JW Black is awesome. Haven't tried many Bourbon's myself JPBoston so I can't speak to that end but I have a few friends into Bourbon's... will try sometime.

JW Black is awesome. Haven't tried many Bourbon's myself JPBoston so I can't speak to that end but I have a few friends into Bourbon's... will try sometime.

Cool ---

Put these on your quality bourbons list:

* Elijah Craig 12 yr (94 proof) -- about $22
* Old Weller Antique (107 proof) -- about $19

I was disappointed at first by the EC12... it started off great, hints of dark chocolate, cherry and wood. But the finish was very astringent. After letting it sit in the bottle for a few weeks, it really opened up and that astringent flavor disappeared, leaving a very high quality drink.

Old Weller Antique was great right off the bat. It's a 'wheater', which puts it in the same category as Maker's Mark... but it's much, much better.

Been meaning to try a sample size of Crown Royal... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:
Cool ---

Put these on your quality bourbons list:

* Elijah Craig 12 yr (94 proof) -- about $22
* Old Weller Antique (107 proof) -- about $19

I was disappointed at first by the EC12... it started off great, hints of dark chocolate, cherry and wood. But the finish was very astringent. After letting it sit in the bottle for a few weeks, it really opened up and that astringent flavor disappeared, leaving a very high quality drink.

Old Weller Antique was great right off the bat. It's a 'wheater', which puts it in the same category as Maker's Mark... but it's much, much better.

Been meaning to try a sample size of Crown Royal... just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Very cool JPBoston. Thanks for the recommendations. I will try them for sure. Oh yah try Crown Royal. Very nice drink IMO.

Trying to keep this thread alive, don't think it'll work, but what the hell. ;)

Just got a bottle of Old Grand Dad "Bottled in Bond" (100 proof) as a father's day gift. Really nice stuff. Heavy on the rye spice, which I like.

Next on my list to try is Old Forester Signature (100 proof). :)

Trying to keep this thread alive, don't think it'll work, but what the hell. ;)

Just got a bottle of Old Grand Dad "Bottled in Bond" (100 proof) as a father's day gift. Really nice stuff. Heavy on the rye spice, which I like.

Next on my list to try is Old Forester Signature (100 proof). :)

^^^ nice. Well I actually ended up trying one of the drinks you recommend by pure luck... was at a friends house and his dad has a bottle cracked open of Old Weller Antique and he offered me some so I said sure. Not bad! He said he bought it for $25... so not bad at all IMO (our prices are higher here in Canada then US).

The last glass of hard liquor I had was Jack Daniel's Whiskey with honey :p good stuff IMO.

^^^ nice... JD is always good.

^^^ nice. Well I actually ended up trying one of the drinks you recommend by pure luck... was at a friends house and his dad has a bottle cracked open of Old Weller Antique and he offered me some so I said sure. Not bad! He said he bought it for $25... so not bad at all IMO (our prices are higher here in Canada then US).

Awesome. Your friend's dad has good taste! That's probably my number 3 favorite so far behind Knob Creek and Buffalo Trace.

FYI, in case you get the itch to try more bourbon -- Buffalo Trace is about the same $$ as OWA, and Knob Creek is about $7 more here in AZ (prices fluctuate from state to state, even here). BT is completely different then OWA... where OWA is sweet, BT is very leathery/spicy. Before I tried it, I wouldn't have thought that was a GOOD thing, but it is. :)

KC is similar to OWA... but a bit more refined, a little more complexity.

Still need to get around to getting a sample size of Crown Royal. Hopefully next time I stop at the liquor store.

Awesome. Your friend's dad has good taste! That's probably my number 3 favorite so far behind Knob Creek and Buffalo Trace.

FYI, in case you get the itch to try more bourbon -- Buffalo Trace is about the same $$ as OWA, and Knob Creek is about $7 more here in AZ (prices fluctuate from state to state, even here). BT is completely different then OWA... where OWA is sweet, BT is very leathery/spicy. Before I tried it, I wouldn't have thought that was a GOOD thing, but it is. :)

KC is similar to OWA... but a bit more refined, a little more complexity.

Still need to get around to getting a sample size of Crown Royal. Hopefully next time I stop at the liquor store.

Cool! So many drinks to try. Although I find I drink less hard stuff in the summer... more beer since its cold and its hot out, lol.

Definitely give Crown a go. Most people I know love it and I certainly dont mind it. Like I said before Im personally more a Vodka drinker when it comes to that hard stuff but appreciate all of them.

My go to list for liquors is straight up Jameson or Jack Daniels for my whiskeys. Kraken Rum is just right for me. I do like crown royal black better than original crown royal but it's cost prohibitive compared to what I think it's worth. Grand Marienaer is pretty freaking good.

Someone also got me into tuaca, like the butterscotch version of jagermeister :p

Oh, and my girlfriend's co-worker came back from o'er seas and brought back some Absinthe with wormwood, not the america joke version the real deal. I took about 3 or 4 shots worth and it definitely tastes of absinthe, and then I just became a retard. :hilarious:

hahaa thats awesome!!

Nice to know you got a lady friend now too ;) I know you been through a lot bro!

I'm drinking some crown on the rocks right now after a bottle of Fruet from the bruery ... yeah illl prolly get a hangover tomorrow for going liquor after beer ... but oh wells.

hahaa thats awesome!!

Nice to know you got a lady friend now too ;) I know you been through a lot bro!

I'm drinking some crown on the rocks right now after a bottle of Fruet from the bruery ... yeah illl prolly get a hangover tomorrow for going liquor after beer ... but oh wells.

Crown is the shizzle! (sometimes, lol, a few times Ive enjoyed it and a few not so much... dunno what it is about that drink that my liking changes on it every time I drink it).

damn u still up .... u should get on ghost recon with me .. been thinking about getting off tho since its boring with no one lol I been talking mad **** to n00bs