Equilibrium (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Canada]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date of November 8th, 2011.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/search?rh=i...eelbook&?tag=brcforumsca-20&tag=hidefnin0b-20

equilibrium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the same Alliance transfer, or will they finally deliver this film in its original aspect ratio? If they do, I'm in for this. If not, I'll pass since I already have the CA Amaray.

Is this the same Alliance transfer, or will they finally deliver this film in its original aspect ratio? If they do, I'm in for this. If not, I'll pass since I already have the CA Amaray.

The Alliance Blade Steelbook had the wrong ratio so this one will too most likely since the Amaray was cropped @ 1:78

The disc will definitely be the same if you already own the Canadian Alliance Amaray. I don't own this, and even though it has it's faults, it's better than the US release. The audio on the US release is DTS HDMA 2.0 whereas the audio on the Canadian release is DTS HDMA 5.1. The Japanese amaray is the best release/best transfer, but it's $62 on yesasia. I'll be more than happy with this :D

the best release which you must own is the one from japan.

Indeed, but like Darczap said, the JPN version is cost prohibitive, so I chose the CA version as a happy medium. Cool flick and love the SteelBook, just want a disc with a good transfer, proper aspect ratio, and 5.1 lossless audio that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :D

Ugh, another FS one. Anyone doing a groupbuy for US fans? Love to get on that list if anyone was to be so kind.