Escape from New York (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: November 26, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

11868281-1934609003287189.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sigill and virkia
Do you not like the US Scream Factory Artwork steelbooks of the John Carpenter Films

I will though still be getting both the UK 3 Disc UK steelbooks and 4 Disc Limited Edition Digipacks releases

Scream Factory steelbooks artwork is better IMO but I will still be getting UK steelbooks as they are different artwork
The Shout Factory steels do look great, and I was planning on picking them up at some point... but, Matt is one of my favourite artists, so of course I prefer these ones. :D

Don’t really like the art on any of these, much prefer the collectors box sets. Pity that there’s no match for Prince of Darkness, will have to pick up the steelbook for that one.

Digipack Collectors Editions are 4 Discs with poster artcards and booklets
Price by release date for the 4 Disc editions will be around £27.99 - £29.99
Are the Collector's Editions definitely going to be digipack and not amaray inside a slip? If so, I'll order them instead. Only steel I like out of these is They Live.

Are the Collector's Editions definitely going to be digipack and not amaray inside a slip? If so, I'll order them instead. Only steel I like out of these is They Live.

Yes it's a digipack in a slipbox for the 4 Disc Limited Collector's Editions

Packaging will be similar to 4K Limited collector's edition of The Deer Hunter release and Blu-ray release of The Dambusters limited collector's edition releases from StudioCanal
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ors-edition-4k-uhd-blu-ray-cd-uk.94709/page-2

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...ctors-edition-limited-edition-uk.92859/page-2

StudioCanal limited collector's editions most are Digipacks in a Slipbox have been for a good while

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: popeye and davhyl
@paulboland they look great, minus the rating logos. Don't mind them on the spine, just don't like them on the front :thumbs:
Majority of slipboxes and slipcases in UK have BBFC rating logos on the front with a few exceptions.

Some slipboxes in the UK come with a removable jcard which have the BBFC rating logos
Example some of the arrow films and eureka releases leaving slipbox clear of rating logo's but not every distributor does this.

Some releases that are PG or Exempt you see sometimes no BBFC rating logo on the front with slipcovers but are on the back.

If no Jcard is used UK distributors have to put the BBFC logo on the front of the slipbox/slipcases especially if rating is 15/18

Reactions: Briareos
So, is it a slam dunk for the US or do folks also rate the UK / France … and German steelbooks too?
1536682578531.png
1536682787332.png
1536683464550.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1536683357600.png

As for the German DIE KLAPPERSCHLANCE - I'd say the new one is better than the previous (DVD steelbook) although lovers of traditional imagery will not be on the same page:-
20edc27a02a0476d5a7d2110.L.jpg
522bf96642a037dd20019110.L.jpg