Escape from New York (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: November 26, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

11868281-1934609003287189.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sigill and virkia
3 Discs
(4K UHD/Blu-ray/Blu-ray bonus)

Extras:

• Purgatory: Entering John Carpenter’s ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK: A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Writer Nick Castle, cinematographer Dean Cundey, composer Alan Howarth, production designer Joe Alves, special visual effects artist/model maker Gene Rizzardi, production assistant David De Coteau, photographer Kim Gottleib-Walker, Carpenter biographer John Muir, visual effects historian Justin Humphreys, and music historian Daniel Schweiger.
  • Snake Plissen: Man of Honor – featurette from 2005 featuring interviews with John Carpenter and Debra Hill
  • Intro by John Carpenter - an interview with director John Carpenter originally recorded for a French DVD release in 2003
  • Deleted Opening Sequence “Snake’s Crime” with Optional Audio Commentary
  • Photo gallery incl. Behind the Scenes
  • Original Trailers
  • Audio Commentary with actor Kurt Russell & director John Carpenter
  • Audio Commentary with Producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves
  • Big Challenges in Little Manhatten: Visual effects featurette – from 2015, features interviews with both Dennis Skotak, Director of Photography of Special VFX, and Robert Skotak, Unit Supervisor and Matte Artist
  • I am Taylor - Interview with actor Joe Unger – from 2015
  • Audio Commentary with actress Adrienne Barbeau & DOP Dean Cundey
11868281-1934609003287189.png 11868281-1174609003394775.png 11868281-2864609003462605.jpg

Reactions: Sigill and Suspi
Love the artwork on these! Really nice job @MattFerguson. :notworthy:
Do you not like the US Scream Factory Artwork steelbooks of the John Carpenter Films

I will though still be getting both the UK 3 Disc UK steelbooks and 4 Disc Limited Edition Digipacks releases

Scream Factory steelbooks artwork is better IMO but I will still be getting UK steelbooks as they are different artwork

cheaper than the collector's edition, no doubt Zavvi will put this closer to £30
Steelbook price is £24.99
It's only 3 Discs does not include the CD soundtrack or poster or booklet or artcards
StudioCanal dealer prices are less than Disney when it comes to 4K UHD steelbooks ;)

Digipack Collectors Editions are 4 Discs with poster artcards and booklets
Price by release date for the 4 Disc editions will be around £27.99 - £29.99

These are back catalog titles even though they are a new 4K scan remastered release

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
I think that the release date for this is an error. It should be 11/26/2018 like the Collector's edition, should it not? Would love to get my hands on it a month early but that's not likely.

Last edited:
I think that the release date for this is an error. It should be 11/26/2019 like the Collector's edition, should it not? Would love to get my hands on it a month early but that's not likely.
Collectors edition release date is November 26th 2018 not 2019

Steelbooks can have different release date to limited edition Digipack amaray editions as they not the exact same contents
Steelbook is 3 Discs
Limited edition Digipack is 4 Discs with Booklet/Poster/Artcards

All release dates are subject to change

Reactions: robbodoc
I will order this instead of the collectors box set never wanted a cd who listens to CDS in this day of age
A lot of soundtracks are still purchased on CD and also are doing extremely well on Vinyl
There is still a large number of music collectors for soundtrack scores

Some soundtracks sell out faster than Pop/Rock music releases :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
Collectors edition release date is November 26th 2018 not 2019

Steelbooks can have different release date to limited edition Digipack amaray editions as they not the exact same contents
Steelbook is 3 Discs
Limited edition Digipack is 4 Discs with Booklet/Poster/Artcards

All release dates are subject to change

Oops, I meant 2018 :notworthy:. Corrected.

I sure hope it releases in October. Been waiting on a decent release for ages.

Reactions: paulboland