PS4 Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (2015)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release: August 11th, 2015
Platform: PS4
Purchase: TBA

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture™ tells the story of the inhabitants of a remote English valley who are caught up in world-shattering events beyond their control or understanding. Made by The Chinese Room – the studio responsible for the hauntingly beautiful Dear Esther – this tale of how people respond in the face of grave adversity is a non-linear, open-world experience that pushes innovative interactive storytelling to the next level.Over the course of the game, the player slowly pieces together the fate of the valley from the fragmentary memories of the people who made it their home. By finding and interacting with the traces of these lost lives, the player gradually learns about the stories and relationships of the inhabitants – how they lived, and how they died. All this is accomplished through revolutionary environmental storytelling – what you see and hear in Rapture is just as important as what you do.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Reactions: Sixteenvolt420
I'll end up getting this sometime down the road. Either when it's on sale, or if it ends up being free with PS+, whichever comes first.

The game is out today! Just bought mine from the PS Store and downloading now... anyone else getting it?

The game is out today! Just bought mine from the PS Store and downloading now... anyone else getting it?
I loved Dear Esther, will be buying this! I didn't know it's out already, but I'll get to it soon. Looks like a really touching game, just the way I like it. I want to cry already because of the beautiful nature in it. Also it's nice that PSN+ members get a 20% discount :)

Reactions: Noodles
I'll be waiting a bit. I'm still enjoying The Wither, and i have yet to play any of July or August, PS+ free games. Hopefully it'll end up free on PS+.

I loved Dear Esther, will be buying this! I didn't know it's out already, but I'll get to it soon. Looks like a really touching game, just the way I like it. I want to cry already because of the beautiful nature in it. Also it's nice that PSN+ members get a 20% discount :)
I never played Dear Esther, but I might do now since this game impressed me so much! I completed it earlier today and enjoyed every minute of it... it's very slow paced though, so it's definitely not for everyone.

It's beautiful to look at and it's full of mystery which keeps you gripped throughout... I was expecting a little more from the ending though, but that's probably my only disappointment. Oh, and the soundtrack is great too!

P.S. Hold down R2 to gradually pick up speed - for some reason this isn't mentioned in-game, and I only found out about it towards the end when a friend told me, so I literally walked through the entire game. :bored::LOL:

Reactions: Paperinukke
I never played Dear Esther, but I might do now since this game impressed me so much! I completed it earlier today and enjoyed every minute of it... it's very slow paced though, so it's definitely not for everyone.

It's beautiful to look at and it's full of mystery which keeps you gripped throughout... I was expecting a little more from the ending though, but that's probably my only disappointment. Oh, and the soundtrack is great too!

P.S. Hold down R2 to gradually pick up speed - for some reason this isn't mentioned in-game, and I only found out about it towards the end when a friend told me, so I literally walked through the entire game. :bored::LOL:
Good to know, sounds pretty much like a The Chinese Room game to me! :) I'll play it at some point during this week and tell my thoughts. I do like these "walking simulators" with a good story, you should definitely try Dear Esther yes! And indeed, these games are not for everyone, many call them "ungames", which I can't understand. As a huge fan of cinema (like we all are here) it's not a surprise that I usually enjoy them a lot. I'm saving this game for the weekend, with a good drink and some snacks I hope and believe it will be quite relaxing and intriguing experience. :)

Reactions: Noodles
Good to know, sounds pretty much like a The Chinese Room game to me! :) I'll play it at some point during this week and tell my thoughts. I do like these "walking simulators" with a good story, you should definitely try Dear Esther yes! And indeed, these games are not for everyone, many call them "ungames", which I can't understand. As a huge fan of cinema (like we all are here) it's not a surprise that I usually enjoy them a lot. I'm saving this game for the weekend, with a good drink and some snacks I hope and believe it will be quite relaxing and intriguing experience. :)
Haha this is definitely the walking simulator of all walking simulators. :p

Strange you should say that about cinema... whilst playing I kept thinking to myself that the concept would make for an interesting film. The setting (British countryside/village) is what really made it stand out to me... I've honestly never played a game like this. I can understand why some wouldn't be interested in the game, but for them to call it an "ungame" is just dumb. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

Oh, and one final note... if you plan to get all the trophies, then I recommend checking them out before you play, as there's obviously quite a few you can get on your first run through. Like an idiot I forgot to look at the trophies list before playing, so I missed out on a lot of them. :facepalm:

Reactions: Paperinukke