Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
4.20 star(s) Rating: 4.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: Daniel Scheinert, Daniel Kwan

Cast: Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, James Hong, Jonathan Ke Quan, Jamie Lee Curtis, Anthony Molinari, Peter Banifaz, Audrey Wasilewski

Release: 2022-03-25

Plot: An aging Chinese immigrant is swept up in an insane adventure, where she alone can save the world by exploring other universes connecting with the lives she could have led. Unfortunately, this sweeps her up into an even bigger adventure when she finds herself lost in the infinite worlds of the multiverse.

Getting released in UK cinema's from 13th May. I've chosen to go see this instead of Dr Strange and MoM, as I selectively choose what to go now limiting my options, and this wins hands down :thumbs:

Reactions: vexred
In the UK, seems you can currently book Cineworld tickets for Tuesday 10th May only around 7:30 pm :thumbs:

@Noodles @Flloydo This may be one for you to catch?
Been really looking forward to this and the reviews are great but I’m not near a cineworld unfortunately

I’ll just wait it out until it's available on streaming or a steelbook or something

Glad I watched it before blindly grabbing a mediabook or something.
First part, about an hour, is intriguing, unusual, very promising... but then it just all falls apart into stupidity, ridiculousness, family relationship problems, and clichéd mantra about being happy with what you have, and who and where you are - basically being a good little society slave that doesn't rock the boat. Great potential is wasted, story went nowhere, no real conclusion, and it's hard to look at the fat daughter the whole movie.

I though it was an interesting take on the multiverse concept. Great cinematography, fight choreography, and fantastic acting. The way they used the multiverse was uniquely refreshing and handled way better than doctor strange 2. I highly recommend.

Found it to be a little overrated myself, but I partly blame that on going in with super high expectations. Not to say it's a bad film... far from it! But I've seen a lot of folks calling this the best film of the year, and some even saying this decade. Personally I can think of a handful of films this year that I enjoyed more. Maybe I'll have more fun with it the second time around though.

Found it to be a little overrated myself, but I partly blame that on going in with super high expectations. Not to say it's a bad film... far from it! But I've seen a lot of folks calling this the best film of the year, and some even saying this decade. Personally I can think of a handful of films this year that I enjoyed more. Maybe I'll have more fun with it the second time around though.

I enjoyed seeing a smaller film take risks and wanted to reward that by giving positive feedback.

It’s a lot of fun, definite day 1 purchase for me but I’ve missed out on a lot of cinema the last couple of years to give accurate feedback.

I have Dune the same rating in Letterboxd but definitely consider it a superior film.

I enjoyed seeing a smaller film take risks and wanted to reward that by giving positive feedback.

It’s a lot of fun, definite day 1 purchase for me but I’ve missed out on a lot of cinema the last couple of years to give accurate feedback.

I have Dune the same rating in Letterboxd but definitely consider it a superior film.
I absolutely adored their (the directors) previous film Swiss Army Man, and this film is just as bizarre and unique, so I can't even really put my finger on why I was somewhat disappointed with it. Like I said before... having my expectations unrealistically high is the only reason I can come up with lol.

P.S. What's your Letterboxd? :D

The fact that people liked this, and The Northman, just underlines how dire most of the other current movies are in comparison, that they have praised something that would seem to be average, flawed, copycat and pretentious in better former years.

film of the year for me thus far get fukt batman. ;)

People complaining about it being overhyped all I can say is you should have learned by now to temper your expectations.. when is a film ever truly as good people say these days? Do you really believe Maverick is going to be an almost perfect film as well? It's my impression ratings for movies have been artifically inflated across the board post-covid to try and get asses back in seats. Or covid has simply made people more appreciative of good films and has them being more generous with their praise of them. That being said I thought the film was dynamite and I went in with lowered expectations simply because of the hype it had behind it.. multiple times this year I've been unimpressed with the big hitters then comes this batshit stick of fried gold that delivers on action, comedy, frantic lunacy and emotional payoff as well. The gap between their first and second films was too long I hope the next one gets here much sooner.

Last edited:
Finally got around the watching it. I loved it

Gets the 3 B’s for me:

Brilliant, Beautiful and berserk

Yeah, very cool film, absolutely bonkers yet so well constructed and edited. It’s a mind f**k of surrealism, drama, ridiculousness, family values, comedy and kung-fu stuffed into a multiverse bagel with sausage fingers on the side! What’s not to love

Reactions: GeoRattray
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database