Premium Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
Lisbon - Portugal
Release date: August 12, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €28.99

81vHhXyefaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to keep an eye on will be the subtitle options as there is a mix of mandarin and Cantonese spoken in the film and sometimes these release don’t include and English subtitle option
Yet to see the film, but this was my main concern and the only reason I haven't pre-ordered.

Yeah, looking at this Leonine label's couple of other releases, Hostiles and The Expatriate/Erased, they both only had German subtitles.
But Everything Everywhere could have built in subs for English audio, if part of the movie isn't, if the UHD disc is made for multiple countries.

Sometimes they keep the English ones untouched and write the German ones below, but it´s very seldom and these CEs are built exclusive for the German market, so I guess they´re not included.

I think I was watching the German blu ray of Boss Level recently and I am sure it hard hard coded german subtitles over hard coded english subs in some I wanna say chinese speaking sections. So subtitles issues could well be an issue with this.

I think I was watching the German blu ray of Boss Level recently and I am sure it hard hard coded german subtitles over hard coded english subs in some I wanna say chinese speaking sections. So subtitles issues could well be an issue with this.
Keith from the review video from the neighboring Boss Level thread just replied (on YouTube, not here) there's no hard coded German subs, at least on the 4k disc.

Keith from the review video from the neighboring Boss Level thread just replied (on YouTube, not here) there's no hard coded German subs, at least on the 4k disc.
I recently bought the 4k mediabook but had watched the normal blu ray just a few days prior. I had also watched a lot of movies recently so I could be just merging memories but I don't recall being irritated by it when I checked out the 4k. Maybe it was just the normal blu ray. Still something to look out for.

Ok I figured it out. It's my German import of Crank. There are some sections with a Japanese guy speaking and it has hard coded English subs. But with subtitles turned off it overlays German subtitles on top. However they don't seem to be hardcoded. Its odd.

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
is it sold out?
i want to find out if it has english subs for non english parts before I order
Who said, that it has English subs? Only the German subs are available and if there were English subs you would have to put them on and off.
I know what Nekromantik means...
If this was a UK release it would automatically have English subs for the non English dialogue scenes but, as this is a German release that may not be the case and it may have German subs instead.
If there is the option to turn on English subs they would most likely be present for all of the dialogue throughout the entire movie once turned on...
And we wouldn't want that, would we?

Reactions: nekromantik
amazon.de has been temp out of stock for a while now.. anyone know where else it can be ordered from that ships internationally?

Reactions: Last Lizard