Premium Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
Lisbon - Portugal
Release date: August 12, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €28.99

81vHhXyefaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I'm thinking about getting this. But I have a few German imports with on screen text that is German and not English. And this has a few scenes I am worried about. Anyone confirm for me is there any German in place of English? Especially during the scene when they are rocks.

Hey I'm thinking about getting this. But I have a few German imports with on screen text that is German and not English. And this has a few scenes I am worried about. Anyone confirm for me is there any German in place of English? Especially during the scene when they are rocks.
Apparently this does have English subs so should be ok.
The 4k disc, apparently, is way too dark with this, so maybe something to bear in mind.
Amazon UK currently have this for just under £29.00....

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Apparently this does have English subs so should be ok.
The 4k disc, apparently, is way too dark with this, so maybe something to bear in mind.
Amazon UK currently have this for just under £29.00....
Is the 4k transfer the same as the American one? Maybe I'll just wait for a UK 4k we have to get one eventually right?

Is the 4k transfer the same as the American one? Maybe I'll just wait for a UK 4k we have to get one eventually right?
Apparently it's just the German UHD disc that's too dark.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a UK UHD release as we seem to be way behind other countries in terms of some UHD releases.
Take the 'Men' movie for example. The only country to have a UHD release so far is Germany so I'm hoping Amazon UK will be stocking copies after the release date...

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Apparently it's just the German UHD disc that's too dark.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a UK UHD release as we seem to be way behind other countries in terms of some UHD releases.
Take the 'Men' movie for example. The only country to have a UHD release so far is Germany so I'm hoping Amazon UK will be stocking copies after the release date...
Yeah we are getting screwed on those German releases too. Even worse imo cos they are available, just not to us, like the ironman before it. And I still think I want over the top, but also Bloodsport and I very often don't order direct cos all my spare money is for my order pre orders and their own stores take immediate payment...

Reactions: leelee17
Reactions: leelee17
When you buy the Mediabook from their website, you get the correected replacement discs instead of the flawed ones. I always liked it, that these Labels care for their customers and make these offers. Better than nothing and this rule not to buy 4Ks from Germany is very questionable, because the most of the discs are same ore similar ones, than in the other countries of the EU - it are just some first releases and Special Editions, that have these issues.

I purchased the German Apollo 11/First Man 4k fullslip digibook and had to return it as the First Man 4k disc wouldn't play. I was sent another copy, which had the same issue.
Apparently this is a common issue with this item and Universal have offered replacement discs.
However, after contacting Universal twice regarding the issue and requesting the replacement disc I received no response and had to return the 2nd copy as well.
Pretty poor customer service as far as Universal are concerned, also shocked that the item, despite contacting amazon.de as well, is still being sold despite being defective...

I purchased the German Apollo 11/First Man 4k fullslip digibook and had to return it as the First Man 4k disc wouldn't play. I was sent another copy, which had the same issue.
Apparently this is a common issue with this item and Universal have offered replacement discs.
However, after contacting Universal twice regarding the issue and requesting the replacement disc I received no response and had to return the 2nd copy as well.
Pretty poor customer service as far as Universal are concerned, also shocked that the item, despite contacting amazon.de as well, is still being sold despite being defective...
Receiving replacement discs is not so easy when you order via Amazon from another country and has nothing to do with the customer service. They usually are responsible for the country-wide releases and when you order on big platforms like Amazon from another country it´s always risky. It´s the reason why buying from local movie-stores is recommended. They usually care for all customers. It was only once, that I ordered an edition with defected discs mistakingly and got additional replacement discs from the store in the same package. Amazon does that not - they send you just another copy and the replacement is restricted for those who bought from Amazon of the same country. It´s always these special editions with flaws - I think Rollerball CE also had some issues. They should improve the quality control for sure.

Last edited:
Yeah, like for 12 Monkeys replacement discs, I gave US and UK shipping addresses respectively for both purchases made in those countries, even though I imported from both.

And did you get them? Guess not
No, I actually did, both! Submitted the request again after a couple of months for each though, maybe it just took a long time, or maybe it worked a second time... or maybe I'll get 2 more later.

Photo from Fishisfast US freight forwarder:
5R1ZrSlbWGFSIYY1pLYp.jpeg

And this one I already received from UK:
Alfa07005.jpg

Reactions: komor
Receiving replacement discs is not so easy when you order via Amazon from another country and has nothing to do with the customer service. They usually are responsible for the country-wide releases and when you order on big platforms like Amazon from another country it´s always risky. It´s the reason why buying from local movie-stores is recommended. They usually care for all customers. It was only once, that I ordered an edition with defected discs mistakingly and got additional replacement discs from the store in the same package. Amazon does that not - they send you just another copy and the replacement is restricted for those who bought from Amazon of the same country. It´s always these special editions with flaws - I think Rollerball CE also had some issues. They should improve the quality control for sure.
I did actually contact Universal regarding the replacement disc, not Amazon. Universal didn't respond to either of my queries regarding the issue so they seem quite content for customers outside Germany to make do with the defective disc....

I did actually contact Universal regarding the replacement disc, not Amazon. Universal didn't respond to either of my queries regarding the issue so they seem quite content for customers outside Germany to make do with the defective disc....
Yes I understood that, but you ordered from Amazon and when you do that from another country you have no chance to get a replacement, because Universal offers replacement discs just to German customers. I found the article about that on bluray-disc(dot)de and it was possible for german customers to replace the discs via sending either the invoice or the defected discs directly to the companies` seat in Hamburg.

Last edited: