Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed this, but I got the Edge of Tomorrow, so I can’t complain… although, they could certainly provide better warning… ok, I ended up complaining anyway.
I can complain. My slip arrived with a really weird defect and had like a big lump of metal sealed under it. Which I ended up cutting out. It doesn't look too bad but couldn't get a refund due to the fact it was sold out lol.

I can complain. My slip arrived with a really weird defect and had like a big lump of metal sealed under it. Which I ended up cutting out. It doesn't look too bad but couldn't get a refund due to the fact it was sold out lol.
Get Them to replace it. Back in stock like I said.

Ok, nice set anyway, couple of the art cards are a bit weird but glad we got it. Had to make do with the US 4K disc before and luckily this UK version has higher capacity disc too.
The US disc is better. Don't be fooled the higher capacity UK disc. Yes the video bitrate is 17mbps avg higher, BUT it doesn't improve on the image. If anything it's a bit darker and perhaps even a touch softer as a result. The audio is also shot to sh!t in comparison. They compressed and remixed the dtsx track, and it's noticeably worse than the dtsx on the US discs. AVOID.

The US disc is better. Don't be fooled the higher capacity UK disc. Yes the video bitrate is 17mbps avg higher, BUT it doesn't improve on the image. If anything it's a bit darker and perhaps even a touch softer as a result. The audio is also shot to sh!t in comparison. They compressed and remixed the dtsx track, and it's noticeably worse than the dtsx on the US discs. AVOID.
Wow. Looks fine on my LG OLED. haven’t put it through a mega sound system myself but I take on board what you say. I still have my US disc And might get round to comparison.

Wow. Looks fine on my LG OLED. haven’t put it through a mega sound system myself but I take on board what you say. I still have my US disc And might get round to comparison.
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the disc, had it not been compared to the US disc lol visually there's very little difference. You should notice it's a little darker, it's not major though. It's the soundtrack that falls short. It's nowhere near as robust or dynamic, which is such a shame as the US disc's track was one of the first good examples of the dtsx format.

Reactions: leelee17
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the disc, had it not been compared to the US disc lol visually there's very little difference. You should notice it's a little darker, it's not major though. It's the soundtrack that falls short. It's nowhere near as robust or dynamic, which is such a shame as the US disc's track was one of the first good examples of the dtsx format.
The soundtrack was always a bit of a speaker buzzer; a lot of vibration causing notes.

Reactions: samdavies