Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will stop buying those premium zavvi releases until they give real premium treatment to it. Slip box and steelbook have zero finish, no debossing or embossing, slip arrived with creased corners. I just can’t stand it.

View attachment 544322
View attachment 544323

View attachment 544324View attachment 544327View attachment 544326View attachment 544328

giphy.gif

Yes, do it, don´t support them next time! Especially for those constantly creeping up prices, zero finishes, and films done to death already!

I have enough on Ex Machina steelbooks. This one left me totally uninterested.

Only ones I buy from these "zavvi/EU premiums" was lately the Lost Boys, which I really like, and it wasnt done in slip before. Besides, I bought it in EU for around 35 euro, that´s still reasonable......all these above 40 quid I dont support! **** that

Also Casablanca interests me coz again, it wasnt done before, it´s such a classic movie, and the steelbook is really nice

To hell with this Ex Machina crap :rolleyes:

Why is that relevant? I preordered it long time ago when nobody knows about the finish.
We knew when it went up for pre order what the finish of both the steel and slip would be. The day before pre order (post 33 on page 2 of the thread). That was on the 18th August and pre order was 19th

We knew when it went up for pre order what the finish of both the steel and slip would be. The day before pre order (post 33 on page 2 of the thread). That was on the 18th August and pre order was 19th
Fair enough. It seems that I didn’t do my research. TBO I can bear with the steelbook, but that plain slip box is a major letdown. Why can’t they learn how to make a decent premium packaging from their counterpart, EB? And they also need to pack the items with bubble wrap asap.

just dont order from them in general.. even if its supposedly "full gloss" like with nobody, theres a very good chance its a superthin layer pseudo-full gloss and is looking just as crappy as a matte one

but it sold out once again, so theyre gonna change nothing at all probably

People really should stop thinking of anything released by Zavvi as a "premium" release. Zavvi isn't a "premium" steelbook company. Just because they release exclusives and some of them contain a slipbox and some other goodies doesn't make it a "premium" release no matter how expensive it is.

If you want premium products then buy from premium companies. If you want full gloss steelbooks with bossing and glossed and embossed slips then Zavvi, Amazon, Best Buy and HMV are not the companies you want to be buying from.

Everybody should know this by now. And you're not going to have your items bubble-wrapped or shipped in a foam box from these companies either.

This should've been a post by Captain Obvious and yet... :rolleyes:

People really should stop thinking of anything released by Zavvi as a "premium" release. Zavvi isn't a "premium" steelbook company. Just because they release exclusives and some of them contain a slipbox and some other goodies doesn't make it a "premium" release no matter how expensive it is.

If you want premium products then buy from premium companies. If you want full gloss steelbooks with bossing and glossed and embossed slips then Zavvi, Amazon, Best Buy and HMV are not the companies you want to be buying from.

Everybody should know this by now. And you're not going to have your items bubble-wrapped or shipped in a foam box from these companies either.

This should've been a post by Captain Obvious and yet... :rolleyes:
This is true, but from what i gather every single premium company is foreign, what kinds of expense are we talking for them and do they enter the realms of import duty to the UK?

But that was one release 2 years ago.
1 year ago. And it is honestly not that special. Comparable to the other Universal sets we had this year. The second variant had a much nicer steelbook though. Like to an insulting degree for the people who got the other one. I personally think the Nobody set is nicer. But their premium game isn't up to par with Manta, nova and Weet. But they are getting closer I think. I mean they are certainly way above normal releases. Maybe we need a new category in between premium and regular.

Reactions: leelee17 and Lutzo
1 year ago. And it is honestly not that special. Comparable to the other Universal sets we had this year. The second variant had a much nicer steelbook though. Like to an insulting degree for the people who got the other one. I personally think the Nobody set is nicer. But their premium game isn't up to par with Manta, nova and Weet. But they are getting closer I think. I mean they are certainly way above normal releases. Maybe we need a new category in between premium and regular.

Premium Grade
Zavvi Grade
Regular Grade

Premium Grade
Zavvi Grade
Regular Grade
Honestly I think we could have called the Rambo premium. Had they not ****** up the most important part. The actual steelbook. Which in a set like that, should be the highlight, the most import, most premium part. Then the slips.

I just checked and you're right. Hard to believe the Inglourious Basterds set was only released a year ago.

I liked the IB one click set. It’s a lovely edition

I think we just need to start banning HH, Hereticz, Stygian and noodles from the U.K. steel threads. F**king miserable beans... :coffee:

Edit: oh and Jinxy so I don’t have to see all this influencer rubbish lol