Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All this nonsense for the current Zavvi Steelbook, it objectively never got any better than the lovely white embossed/debossed full gloss blu ray from a few years ago.
You can pick that up for under £10 online. Add the used 4K disc and you've got a nice set for way under £30.
I don't see what all the fuss is about; its all tat paper in a Zavvi collectors edition - surely not worth it? :oops:

Love the Steelbook universe. It creates some brilliant debates :thumbs:

Last edited:
All this nonsense for the current Zavvi Steelbook, it objectively never got any better than the lovely white embossed/debossed full gloss blu ray from a few years ago.
You can pick that up for under £10 online. Add the used 4K disc and you've got a nice set for way under £30.
I don't see what all the fuss is about; its all tat paper in a Zavvi collectors edition - surely not worth it? :oops:

Love the Steelbook universe. It creates some brilliant debates :thumbs:
I don’t understand when people complain about “tat” because it’s purchased through zavvi yet everyone goes mad for premiums that feature the exact same things just of a better quality. If you don’t like it don’t buy it

And although it may be a zavvi collectors edition everyone who’s stupid enough to still complain about it being zavvis fault hold no respect from me. When we literally have people on here from the design teams of universal and other studios who are responsible for everything but the shipping to your home. Aim your frustrations at them instead.

The good news is universal seem to be listening with feedback and have already made these changes to the upcoming 8 mile and kick ass. The bad news is the prices have changed.

I love that white steel but I still believe this would of been better had it been gloss. But I still like it

Reactions: leelee17
I don’t understand when people complain about “tat” because it’s purchased through zavvi yet everyone goes mad for premiums that feature the exact same things just of a better quality. If you don’t like it don’t buy it

And although it may be a zavvi collectors edition everyone who’s stupid enough to still complain about it being zavvis fault hold no respect from me. When we literally have people on here from the design teams of universal and other studios who are responsible for everything but the shipping to your home. Aim your frustrations at them instead.

The good news is universal seem to be listening with feedback and have already made these changes to the upcoming 8 mile and kick ass. The bad news is the prices have changed.

I love that white steel but I still believe this would of been better had it been gloss. But I still like it
I'm not sure I understand your frustrations. Personally, I'd buy a cheap edition, a collectors edition or a premium edition as long as it had a beautiful artwork in a quality finish, either a Steelbook or a Mediabook.
I don't care for art cards, posters or additional gifts. Give me a quality finish and I'm yours for life baby :thanks:
Let's face it, the inflated prices are usually increased in consumer editions because of the paper nonsense included. The premium companies priority is the quality finish on the steelbook first and foremost before any of the floaty, paper is added.

A quality steelbook and slipcase is all we really want. Isn't it?

I'm not sure I understand your frustrations.
Im not frustrated. Just reading your nonsense blaming zavvi and the pathetic use of the word tat when people have bought it. And sold it out. So basically you’re talking bollocks
Personally, I'd buy a cheap edition, a collectors edition or a premium edition as long as it had a beautiful artwork in a quality finish, either a Steelbook or a Mediabook.
I don't care for art cards, posters or additional gifts. Give me a quality finish and I'm yours for life baby :thanks:
Let's face it, the inflated prices are usually increased in consumer editions because of the paper nonsense included. The premium companies priority is the quality finish on the steelbook first and foremost before any of the floaty, paper is added.
You got a lot to learn
Yeah of course. That why the premium retailers are out there. Yeah I’d love a UK retailer to actually do this stuff but it ain’t going to happen and when it does it’s once in a blue moon. A one off. When a standard steel costs £30-£33 and the collectors editions are usually £40, with a code it’s worth it for the extra few bits. But people never look at that side of things

Reactions: leelee17
I'm not sure I understand your frustrations. Personally, I'd buy a cheap edition, a collectors edition or a premium edition as long as it had a beautiful artwork in a quality finish, either a Steelbook or a Mediabook.

I expressed my thoughts regarding this especially concerning the Rambo set.

In fact I had actually briefly cancelled the £100 set but reordered the £60 one when they briefly went back in stock.

When it comes to a £60 "premium" and especially a £100 set. I personally feel the steelbook should be the absolute centrepiece. The crown jewel. It should be the highlight of the set and by far the standout. Then the slip. And in the case of the £100 set the outer case. Everything else should be a bonus but including a matte steelbook in that set was an insult imo.

That being said, I like extras, or the tat as people call it. I like the art cards and booklets, not so much posters cos they are always folded. I also love a nice finish but I'll admit the Bullet Train looks really nice even with a matte. I'm not even sure the bullet train being gloss would be better. But it seems to be an oddly good matte steelbook.

Im not frustrated. Just reading your nonsense blaming zavvi and the pathetic use of the word tat when people have bought it. And sold it out. So basically you’re talking bollocks

You got a lot to learn

Yeah of course. That why the premium retailers are out there. Yeah I’d love a UK retailer to actually do this stuff but it ain’t going to happen and when it does it’s once in a blue moon. A one off. When a standard steel costs £30-£33 and the collectors editions are usually £40, with a code it’s worth it for the extra few bits. But people never look at that side of things

You got a lot to learn

Mate. I wrote the word Zavvi. I neither blamed them in any fashion for poor quality nor did I disingenuously suggest they were a problem. In fact, to the contrary, I own several collectors editions bought from Zavvi, purchased in the full knowledge that the lottery of quality would firmly be in their hands.

Please tell me what I need to learn?

What I do know is that your replies are overtly personal and aggressive.

Why transgress hate? The world is tough enough brother.

• Haha
Reactions: Granada and Flloydo