Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received alerts for this? I normally do but not for this either. Also now this is finally getting a UK 4K, can somebody give DEVS the same treatment over here? Please.
No, because it hasn't gone live. Zavvi only ever tell you what something actually is once it's available to order.

OK so the slip has a UV spot gloss on the title treatment that we think looks cool. After a lot of back and forth with Scanavo we are zero varnish on the steel due to the dark artwork on the front. Both Scanavo and the steelbook designer recommended we didn't do gloss. I know you guys love gloss and we do to but it might not have been right for this release. We worked very closely with Jock and we think this is the most complete collection of his production art anywhere. I cant really comment on the price as it is set by Zavvi but I would expect it to come down. Let me know if you guys have any more qs and I will try to answer them.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Appreciate it. But I’m gona say/ ask this as no one else has yet. When you say UV spot gloss on the title of the slip, is that it? Because that title is tiny. Surely that’s not the only part with a bit of spot gloss and shine? It’s giving me manta joker full slip vibes. Zero finish except a bit of gloss on the title was a kick to the teeth. Do you know what the rest of the slip is like?

But unfortunately that steel will look no where as good in zero as it would in gloss. Can’t believe they advice against this. There’s times I think the people in scanavo have no f**king clue and it blows my mind. This proves my point. I have countless black and/ or red zero finish steels and the same with gloss and I know what looks better in hand and what pops. They should too.

The original white WWA exo steel design was pure gloss and embossing. Incredible piece. Unbeatable. Then mantas premium version with nice art is also gloss. How can you go backwards on finish 7 years later? That artwork is too pretty to have in zero. The colours are far too striking on both sides. That colourful back mixed with the Red and black front should be shown in its full glory. Zero won’t help that.

I agree it’s a great use of Jocks work in one set but along with the price and the way everything is presented it should be better than a zero finish and bit of UV on a small slip title. Hope I’m at least wrong about the slip but I think I may have to pass now. Shame, insanely nice edition and one of my favourite films in recent years. I was going to say bring on annihilation and Men but I’m not sure now

Isn’t the upcoming Nobody collectors set including a gloss and debossed steelbook? That’s by the universal team right?

That’s darker art. Both sides darker than this yet it’s a gloss finish (apparently). So why can’t this be? I’d rather this gloss than that anyway.

Make it make sense

Isn’t the upcoming Nobody collectors set including a gloss and debossed steelbook? That’s by the universal team right?

That’s darker art. Both sides darker than this yet it’s a gloss finish (apparently). So why can’t this be? I’d rather this gloss than that anyway.

Make it make sense
I'm guessing it always comes down to cost vs profit.

And then when questioned about the finish, they'll cite 'artistic preferences' etc...

People are currently paying these silly prices for this rubbish so what do you expect? First "Titans Of Crap, now this.

I just stick with the real premium retailers that I know will deliver time and again. Let's just say I've yet to buy a 'premium' or collectors edition from the UK. Ratings logos always ruin the art anyway!

Reactions: Flloydo
Any of the working codes available to use when live? like the 12% ones.
Only if you literally catch it within minutes of going live, and i mean "live" not when zavvi email you about it. So unless you're a RC member, then no. You'll have to wait until it's released to use a code.

this is nice, but not nearly as nice as the manta lab PET.. and its even more expensive lol
See if there was actual finishes involved instead of a zero finish steel and some UV spot gloss On the slip title then this could easily rival the manta Full slip package as a whole. It would be like an actual premium. Imo it has potential to be better as a finished product. And then that would justify cost

Instead the price is premium but apparently Scanavo talked them out of making it look good. I’m still processing this. I honesty still can’t believe what I read

I won’t accept anyone defending scanavo on this one. They are supposed to be the professionals. As a collector who has hundreds of these f**king things and actually opens them I’m more professional... I see this now

And if the person who went back and forth with scanavo about the finish does not collect steels or even held a naked steel in their naked hands then I’m done. People making these should be fans. None of these sets in hand have screamed “made with love”. Cool arts yeah. But end result is poor

intend to pre-order with the hope that it's a gloss steel, if the information comes out that it's matte, will cancel the order(@ that price point).

Only if you literally catch it within minutes of going live, and i mean "live" not when zavvi email you about it. So unless you're a RC member, then no. You'll have to wait until it's released to use a code.
Are there any codes for more than 10% at the moment? I miss REDDIT.

Yeh i know that, but need the code to start with, just asking about the code...

No more 12% codes atm?
No. And they get disabled after they are shared on here. REDDIT was a one off for a while. And the RC10OFF code is an official code for being a RC member so that’s safe

If you google you might find some...