Ex Machina (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 17, 2022
Purchase links: Collector's Edition - SteelBook Only (Pre-order on August 19, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 3 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99 (Collector's Edition) - £24.99 (SteelBook Only)
Notes: SteelBook has a zero varnish finish

13942378-1444980348208467.jpg

13942378-1494980348400239.jpg13942378-9964980348426513.jpg13942378-1144980348460242.jpg13942378-3504980347835552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like this post if you want Flloydo to leave forever :coffee:

Telling myself

Whoever likes this don’t take it personally

Who said I'm a guy
You called me brother. Only gal that calls me brother is my actual sister. Usually a guy thing to say.

So I did insinuate there I admit that. But I honestly don’t care what gender you are. We all from the same seed

When a standard steel costs £30-£33 and the collectors editions are usually £40, with a code it’s worth it for the extra few bits. But people never look at that side of things
Amen to that...
I, personally, think its a great edition and worth the £40.00 price tag..
Yes, a better finish on the fullslip and a gloss finish on the steelbook would have been nice but we didn't get either, unfortunately..
As far as the 'tat' is concerned, I think a good job was done quality wise, with the hardback book being a nice touch..
If you don't want to spend your money on 'tat', buy the regular editions and leave the collectors' editions for those who appreciate the extras....

Amen to that...
Yes, a better finish on the fullslip and a gloss finish on the steelbook would have been nice but we didn't get either, unfortunately..
As far as the 'tat' is concerned, I think a good job was done quality wise, with the hardback book being a nice touch..
If you don't want to spend your money on 'tat', buy the regular editions and leave the collectors' editions for those who appreciate the extras....
******* too right man. I personally love "tat" editions. Ideal set for me, steelbook, fullslip, art cards, anything else is a bonus. I love like art books. My biggest issue is I don't like feeling like I'm getting ripped off. Which is why the Thor Love and Thunder UK release ****** me off quite so much. We paid £35 for a release that was far far less than the best buy version. Had they been the same I probably wouldn't have cared... Ad for the Ex Machina. I only had a ****** Amaray, I really like the set.

Reactions: Fmac72 and leelee17
Amen to that...
Is this really such a divisive topic?
I agree the book in The Ex Machina slip set was great, but some editions just come with 6 art cards and cost £15-£20 more than a standard steel.

That's what ticks me off.

Anyway. Whatever collectors find the most attractive. As in life. One dudes trash is another dudes life partner.

Is this really such a divisive topic?
I agree the book in The Ex Machina slip set was great, but some editions just come with 6 art cards and cost £15-£20 more than a standard steel.

That's what ticks me off
Agreeably that is a p!sstake

Reactions: leelee17
Telling myself

the-fresh-beat-band-dont-you-quit.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
At the end of the day, UK retailers are never going to give us Manta Lab quality releases and unfortunately the prices are starting to creep up, the upcoming Kick-Ass being a prime example.
On the other hand, at least we are getting more collectors editions in the UK, which is a positive in my book...
I'm not sure I agree. While I don't think for a second that the Zavvi Exclusive Collectors "premium" sets are as good as the best manta, nova, weet, blufans has to offer. They are undeniably getting closer. The Rambo set being an example of a step in the right direction. Although the slip isn't as nice as a mantalab, honestly it isn't so far away and the everythingblu team can put out steels of high quality, just look at the hot fuzz and Worlds end steels, they are honestly really nice. Maybe the kick ass one will nail it?

Reactions: leelee17
So did I.
Although not steelbook releases, Second Sight have also done some nice sets. Their Drive fullslip was a stunner!!!
Which one the big one? I found the outer case to be a little, urm. It has a weird finish. I found the dog soldiers one far nicer imo.