F.E.A.R. 2 Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin is an upcoming 2009 survival horror first-person shooter video game, due for release in February 2009, developed by Monolith Productions and published by Warner Bros. for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is a sequel to F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon.

The follow-up will stay in the game's existing universe, retaining the original storyline and characters, although it won't recognize Extraction Point or Perseus Mandate.[7] Monolith Productions will require a new publisher for the game, since they were purchased by Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment in 2004 while development of F.E.A.R. was under way, after which Vivendi Universal was dropped as publisher.[8] Monolith has revealed it will be released in February, 2009.[9]

The game was shown for the first time at the 2007 E3 Expo with an Xbox 360 demo. The demo footage showcased the game's revamped engine, and reveals glimpses of the plot, starting with a cutscene of Michael undergoing surgery overseen by Genevieve, with unexplained complications, later revealed to be linked with Alma.[10]

In an interview with John Mulkey, the lead designer for F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, he describes the game as being "a more open environment" further noting that "a destroyed city opens up an incredible amount of opportunities." Also, Mulkey mentions that the enemies will be much more varied than in the previous game.[6]

fear-2.gif

On January 22, 2009 a short single player demo was released where the player starts at interval 01 after the player's helicopter crashed before game play and the player must try to find his squad mates who were scattered around the city. The demo lets the player engage with several Replica soldiers and included bullet time and the traditional scare-tactics from Alma. However the demo also included several new elements, ranging from movable cover to new weaponry and even a suit of "powered armor" the player can enter and use against enemy soldiers.

Last edited:
You mean he played something besides COD4? I seen him bragging about trading in 3 games for UFC and still having to pay some $ and then a couple days later he's selling it and back on COD4

Well... Im thinking of buying this ... I got some gamefly bucks to spend and I can get it :shipped: for $12

I dont have the time to play it ... but most the trophies arent hard and the demo was REALLY fun .. so I assume at some point I'll get around to it.