PLATFORM: PS4, Xbox One, PC

RELEASE DATE: Nov. 10, 2015
PRICE: $119.99/£99.99
ORDER:
Amazon.com
Game.co.uk

Fallout4_PIPBoy_Edition_Content11.0.jpg

image.jpg

Bethesda is bringing the iconic Pip-Boy to life by releasing a real-life version of the post-apocalyptic smart device that works with iPhones.

The physical version of the Pip-Boy will be included with a special edition of Fallout 4 and owners can slide in their iPhone to work as the screen for the device.

More info coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those in the UK who are still after one of these... the Pip Boy Edition will be available to pre-order once again in-store and online at Game from Friday, 09:00AM. These will be extremely limited and on a first come, first served basis!

They are charging a £20 deposit for the pip boy and that has to be paid now. Rest of the £100 upon dispatch
Isn't the deposit only required if you want to join the Vault Club? I removed that from my basket and so didn't have to pay a deposit for mine.

Newish member here...Spotted this thread just now! Can't wait for this game to come out. This collector's edition looks great. Was able to order two PC version, one on Amazon and the other from Best Buy (One for me and one for a friend).
Welcome to HDN! Congrats on securing a copy... or two. :p

Reactions: Jcoe0723
Can I ask who here is in the Facebook Fallout 4 Vault Group?

I just need a HUGE favour

Last edited:
From an article of AppyGamer:

If you weren't able to pick up a Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition while they were available, it looks like you were out of luck. Bethesda's Marketing VP Pete Hines told GameSpot at Quakecon that the studio hit the factory limit on making the editions, and it cannot make any more.

When asked about why the collector's edition sold out so fast and why Bethesda hasn't restocked it in several weeks, Hines told us that it wasn't so much a case of making the edition rare--the factories simply did not have capacity to make more of them. He explained, "We reached a point where we'd go back to the factories and they were like, 'guys, this is it, sorry. This is as long as we can run the lines and as many of them as we can make.'

He continued: "They're being made today, it's not like they're done and sitting in a warehouse. [The factories would tell us,] this is what the yields say. I mean, we don't make [the Pip-Boy Editions], and we'd go back to [the factories] and say, 'Demand for this is insane, we've got to make more.' And they'd move other projects off or shift stuff to other factories and it just came to [them telling Bethesda], 'Final answer: sorry, this is as many as we can make.' And we sold every single one of those that we could."

Hines also told us that Bethesda had ordered a lot of Pip-Boy Editions--so many, in fact, that it eclipsed all other Bethesda limited editions released in the past. "We made a s**tload of Pip-Boys, and we went back and made more, and went back and made more. I keep seeing stuff about, 'Oh, you only did a few thousand." No--we did a ton of these things. I think we did more of these things than we did for any collector's edition we've ever done, ever."

The Fallout 4: Pip-Boy Edition includes a replica Pip-Boy device that's able to hold your phone. It also includes other physical items such as a special case and a poster. It costs $120, but it's sold out everywhere.

Fallout 4 launches on November 10 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. At Quakecon, we also asked Hines about the development of Fallout 4, and he told us that the studio had decided that the game would be set in Bostonbefore Skyrim launched.

Reactions: Noodles
Funny how something that's now impossible to get actually isn't that limited lol.

Funny how something that's now impossible to get actually isn't that limited lol.

I guess it doesn't really matter how limited it is, as long as the demand is bigger than the supply is. This is the coolest collector's edition that i've seen in a while. The only one i've ever ordered 2 of.

Received mine yesterday and I'm very happy with it overall. A lot of people are complaining about how plasticy it is, but it's what I expected... it was never going to be completely metal, otherwise it would've weighed a tonne and no doubt cost us a lot more than £100/$120.

Received mine for the PS4, one day after release, keeping it sealed. Amazon sent me a $10 credit, since it didn't arrive on release day.