PLATFORM: PS4, Xbox One, PC

RELEASE DATE: Nov. 10, 2015
PRICE: $119.99/£99.99
ORDER:
Amazon.com
Game.co.uk

Fallout4_PIPBoy_Edition_Content11.0.jpg

image.jpg

Bethesda is bringing the iconic Pip-Boy to life by releasing a real-life version of the post-apocalyptic smart device that works with iPhones.

The physical version of the Pip-Boy will be included with a special edition of Fallout 4 and owners can slide in their iPhone to work as the screen for the device.

More info coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
err...would be nice if they made it work with any device and not just god damn iPhones...not that I'm that interested in the pip boy, as it would probably be something I'd try once and go "huh that's neat" and then put on a shelf to gather dust

err...would be nice if they made it work with any device and not just god damn iPhones...not that I'm that interested in the pip boy, as it would probably be something I'd try once and go "huh that's neat" and then put on a shelf to gather dust
You have to admit though, that's pretty damn cool. They're thinking a bit off the wall here. Not just another statue albeit the statue is slightly more useful LOL!

Reactions: Marco86
Collectors editions now are all getting more unique with their extras (mainly due to complaints from people about the quality of the statues) but it does mean increase in price. I assume they went down the iPhone route to reduce the cost of the over all product, as sticking an actual LCD screen in there would crank the price up.

I stay away from most collectors editions now days (unless the item is something small) as they just take up so much damn space!

For those in the UK, the Pip-Boy edition is exclusive to and currently available from Game.co.uk for £100. I struggled to complete my order at first, but once I removed the Vault Club thing from my basket, the order went through fine, so try that if you have the same problem. :thumbs:

Reactions: justboy
I don't normally buy collector editions of games but I've put a ore-order down for this as I like the look of the pip-boy.

I also had issues using games' site, I didn't know removing the fallout club thing was an option though!

For those in the UK, the Pip-Boy edition is exclusive to and currently available from Game.co.uk for £100. I struggled to complete my order at first, but once I removed the Vault Club thing from my basket, the order went through fine, so try that if you have the same problem. :thumbs:

I've noticed that however I wouldn't mind paying the extra for the Shirt and Bobblehead.

Although I think GAME have removed it completely because of the complaints, if you order the Pipboy edition the Vault Club thing doesn't appear anymore.

Now I need to know what platform to get it on. I love my PS4 but Bethesda with the PS3 dropped the ball big time...THREE TIMES.

I wonder how you can buy the vault club thing if you've already pre ordered without it....you know when they put it back online

I've noticed that however I wouldn't mind paying the extra for the Shirt and Bobblehead.

Although I think GAME have removed it completely because of the complaints, if you order the Pipboy edition the Vault Club thing doesn't appear anymore.

Now I need to know what platform to get it on. I love my PS4 but Bethesda with the PS3 dropped the ball big time...THREE TIMES.

I wonder how you can buy the vault club thing if you've already pre ordered without it....you know when they put it back online
I would like to have gotten it too, but I was worried the PB edition would quickly sell out, so sacrifices had to be made lol. Plus I already have a Vault Boy bobblehead, so I'm not too bothered about missing out on that.

What do you mean when you say they dropped the ball with PS3... because of how buggy their games were, or something else?

I would like to have gotten it too, but I was worried the PB edition would quickly sell out, so sacrifices had to be made lol. Plus I already have a Vault Boy bobblehead, so I'm not too bothered about missing out on that.

What do you mean when you say they dropped the ball with PS3... because of how buggy their games were, or something else?

I don't know if they removed it because it wasn't letting people pre order OR if they ran out. I've heard people saying they got emails telling them about the vault club

Oh...by that I mean Fallout 3 was more buggy on the PS3, had to wait ages for a PS3 fix, New Vegas was the same and Skyrim despite being PROMISED it would work, it didn't even on a new engine. Then look at the DLC, people waited ages because it was a timed exclusive to the 360 and when it was supposed to release they pushed it back because they couldn't get it to work.

I don't know if they removed it because it wasn't letting people pre order OR if they ran out. I've heard people saying they got emails telling them about the vault club

Oh...by that I mean Fallout 3 was more buggy on the PS3, had to wait ages for a PS3 fix, New Vegas was the same and Skyrim despite being PROMISED it would work, it didn't even on a new engine. Then look at the DLC, people waited ages because it was a timed exclusive to the 360 and when it was supposed to release they pushed it back because they couldn't get it to work.
I've no idea. It would've been nice to have got one with our pre-orders, but oh well. I noticed Game mentioned to someone on Twitter that the first 10,000 people who order the Pip-Boy edition will receive a t-shirt, so maybe you don't need to have bought the Vault Club thing after all. That number also makes me wonder just how many of those editions there are... a lot by the sounds of it.

Well, I completely understand your frustration there then, because it's also the main reason I never completed Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim. To be fair to Bethesda though, the PS3 was apparently awful to make games for... thankfully the PS4 is supposed to be a lot easier though, so hopefully that means less bugs!

Already unavailable on Amazon, but I'm sure some will come back in stock. Placeholders for both systems on Best Buy website, Windows is available to order right away, so the others should follow soon.

I've no idea. It would've been nice to have got one with our pre-orders, but oh well. I noticed Game mentioned to someone on Twitter that the first 10,000 people who order the Pip-Boy edition will receive a t-shirt, so maybe you don't need to have bought the Vault Club thing after all. That number also makes me wonder just how many of those editions there are... a lot by the sounds of it.

Well, I completely understand your frustration there then, because it's also the main reason I never completed Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim. To be fair to Bethesda though, the PS3 was apparently awful to make games for... thankfully the PS4 is supposed to be a lot easier though, so hopefully that means less bugs!

Well after watching Microsofts conference I've pre ordered the Xbox One version aswell. This version gets mod support. I'll see what Sony has to bring at their conference before I finally decide

When I pre ordered the Xbox version I got the Vault Club added.

It's a poor website in my opinion

SO what actually is the Vault club? saw they send you a code, is that something you redeem online or just wait for something exciting to happen?

I've got the code but havent redeemed it yet.
The bobblehead is nice, I doubt I will use the Vault club as it just sounds like Game have set up a Facebook group or something like that!