Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: March 12, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

fb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike pretty much every other country, the US editions of this movie will have the extended edition available as a digital copy only. Other countries have it on disc.

However, it's literally just a selection of the deleted scenes inserted into the movie, and supposedly even has a deleted/extended scene text burnt over the video. So it's not really that important.

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
that may be true, but if i'm buying and choosing between the Target Edition and the Best Buy Edition and both are priced the same and one has and one doesn't then I might lean towards the target version.

especially since the first movie i got the target edition which was more like a suitcase so not like i need a steelbook to match the first movie

So it's not really that important.
Hehe. Disagree. For HP Fans it is important. I actually have a friend who edited all movies himself to insert all deleted scenes in place. I have all extended Harry Potter and first fantastic beasts. it is quite interesting to see director view on the picture.

The Target digibook edition is infinitely better (well, maybe not infinitely, but definitely better) than this matte finish steelbook.
Steelbook artwork on front and back is MEH. Inside artwork much better but not good enough to redeem this release.
I give it a thumbs up mediocrity's butt which equals a (n).

I'm disappointed. For $35, every steelbook should at the very least have embossing and gloss. If they're not going to spend the time to give us a quality product that they're already upcharging, then why should we spend top dollar for a low quality steelbook.

Reactions: tono06