Farscape Universe Collection Megabook (Zavvi Exclusive)-Limited to 1000 [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Purchase here
£89.99 Blu-ray
£79.99 DVD

Both products will also be found here http://www.zavvi.com/offers/farscape-megabook.list
Live Tuesday, 8/18/2015, 6pm BST

farscapemega.jpg

This limited edition book comes with collectable packaging. Included are 32 discs, all 88 episodes from the four seasons of Farscape, plus over 15 hours of bonus features, including the rarely seen special Farscape Undressed as well as episode commentaries, behind-the-scenes interviews, deleted scenes and much, much more.

• Also includes the two-disc miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, which is also packed with bonus features.
  • The book features character profiles, descriptions of weapons and ships and a full glossary of alien language.
  • A lenticular print which is 250mm x 300mm
  • A numbered certificate signed by Brian Henson – highlighting the nature of the limited release – just 1,000 units of each format.
  • A 16 page comic book: The first half is the comic strip. The second half is an interview with Brian Henson – with a look back at the creative process and legacy of Farscape.

Last edited:
As much as I love Farscape, I just can't justify £90 especially when I already have the series on blu-ray and am just waiting for a decent transfer of peacekeeper wars. At maybe half the price I'd consider it as its the best sci-fi tv show I've seen, but it'll probably sell out before there's a chance of a price cut.

Reactions: Flash
Not my kind of TV show, but this looks like a great edition and the price isn't too bad if you actually consider what's included (32 discs is never going to be cheap) and how limited it is. I'd love them to do similar editions for other shows!

It's a nice set but it's an acquired series which a lot of people already own I think at half that about £50 so many more people would jump at it

As much as I love Farscape, I just can't justify £90 especially when I already have the series on blu-ray and am just waiting for a decent transfer of peacekeeper wars. At maybe half the price I'd consider it as its the best sci-fi tv show I've seen, but it'll probably sell out before there's a chance of a price cut.

Ditto here, the Peacekeeper Wars blu-ray is absolutely atrocious - the DVD version is far better, the blu-ray is a very bad upscale with 2.0 audio whereas the DVD had 5.1 audio

I wonder if the 32 disc count is for the dvd set, i think the current complete series on blu ray was 20 discs. Also would be nice to know if the included peacekeeper wars was the currently available disc or a new transfer.

I still have the original R2 complete DVD boxsets, which cost me about £50 per season. To be perfectly honest I'm quite happy with the PQ quality and have never bothered to upgrade to BD, even when the complete BD boxset has sold for as little as £25. My understanding, from what I have read in various reviews, is that's it's simply not worth double-dipping on this one.

If however they had managed a BD release sourced from the original, but regretably "lost", HD masters, then that's a different story.