Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Fast & Furious 9

Tagline: Not all blood is family.

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Justin Lin

Cast: Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Charlize Theron, John Cena, Ludacris, Jordana Brewster, Nathalie Emmanuel, Tyrese Gibson, Sung Kang, Cardi B, Michael Rooker, Lucas Black and Helen Mirren

Release: 2020-05-22

Have to admit looking forward to this. Have enjoyed them all and it's nice to see a fun franchise going strong and not die after the 3rd film.

I muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhh prefer this serie for all the fun it brings me compared to the now over-the-top-explosion-fest that is the Transformers-Bay-verse.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhh prefer this serie for all the fun it brings me compared to the now over-the-top-explosion-fest that is the Transformers-Bay-verse.

Yeah, I don't know... this series is fun to me. Life is generally so grim, so I gladly welcome a fun series.

Michelle Rodriguez Agrees to Return for ‘Fast & Furious 9’ After Adding Female Writer

99BBAE2F-9CFB-4579-AABB-056E5C152E11.jpeg

Michelle Rodriguez doesn’t take any ****, and she has used her clout to put her stamp on the future of the Fast & Furious franchise. In June 2017, we reported that Rodriguez was considering an exit from the franchise if the female characters didn’t get a larger role. It’s not an unfair criticism! While Rodriguez’ Letty has been a good character and there have been other assorted good female roles, they typically take a backseat to the men of the series, which is a little ridiculous after nine films.

Thankfully, Rodriguez leveraged her participation into getting a female writer on board for Fast & Furious 9. Bloomberg reports that Rodriguez secured a female writer to join the production, although there’s no word yet on who that writer might be. Per Bloomberg:
“I felt like there was not enough of a female voice in the franchise,” Rodriguez said on Thursday at the Bloomberg Future of Equality Summit in London. “You should evolve with the times, not just pander to certain demographics that are stuck” in the past.

She’s absolutely right. The Fast & Furious franchise doesn’t appeal solely to men, and one of the hallmarks of the series has been its willingness to change. This was a series that started out about low-level crooks who steal DVD players and now it’s basically Universal Pictures’ superhero franchise. So if it’s going to be a key part of the studio’s strategy moving forward, and there are going to be female characters, shouldn’t there be a woman providing a voice behind the scenes? It’s not enough to simply have Tough ChicksTM. They should be fully formed characters, or at least have the same level of pathos that their male co-stars get.

68DA2B60-229B-4499-BB6D-93AAB1439482.jpeg

FD780F80-B154-4865-8701-D81B718501B4.jpeg

7FDA05B0-66C2-4500-91BA-9BA5CFB9C8D5.jpeg

via
Collider

John Cena Officially Joins ‘Fast & Furious 9’

Vin Diesel teased about John Cena’s casting in the ninth installment of Fast & Furious back in April on Instagram, and Universal officially confirmed today that the Blockers actor is a lock.

Cena’s character is under wraps, the only word coming to us is that he plays ‘a badass’. Dwayne Johnson, we hear, will not be in Fast & Furious 9.

Dan Casey is writing the screenplay from a story by Justin Lin. Production starts later this month for a May 22, 2020 release.

Diesel is producing through his One Race Films and Lin for Perfect Storm Entertainment.

Cena is repped by ICM.

via Deadline

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database