Fat Princess Megathread: Patch 1.05 is LIVE

Jan 29, 2009
PS3_Fat_Princess_logo.png

Fat Princess is a downloadable program for the PlayStation Network made by Titan Studios and sold by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is primarily a zero to thirty-two multiplayer game with the basic goal of rescuing the Princess and bringing her back to the team's base.

The players collect and carry cakes to feed the enemy's princess which makes her heavier and therefore harder for the enemy to carry back to their own castle.

300px-Fatprincesses.png

The game contains six character classes, each of which helps to make the team's task of capturing the princess much harder.:

250px-Villager.png

The Villager

250px-Worker_basic.png

The Worker

250px-Priest_basic.png

The Priest

250px-Ranger_basic.png

The Ranger

250px-Mage_basic.png

The Mage

250px-Warrior_basic.png

The Warrior​

Gameplay: In Fat Princess, the player joins one of two opposing groups consisting of up to 16 cartoon characters each, with the goal of rescuing their team's princess from the other team's outhouse. In order to make their opponents' task more difficult, players can feed the captive princess more and more cake slices so that she will become heavier and harder to carry back to her respective castle.

Players can change their character classes and abilities on the fly by picking up hats that are generated at their team's castle. Hats can also be found on the warzone where enemies have fallen. The game's six classes include the villager, mage, warrior, and worker. On their blog, Titan Studios has teased three additional classes: pirate, guitarist, and the king. Each class has its own unique set of abilities and skills. Each class can be upgraded by having the worker class collect resources from the map and then upgrading the hat producing machines by using a prefixed amount of resources. Upgrades provide alternative weapons or attacks to each class.

On each map there are several trees and ore nodes which worker classes can use to obtain resources.

Other interactive objects are bombs produced by an upgraded worker hut and a magic potion which turns players into chickens when thrown.

There are also torches that most classes can use to ignite their weapons to do additional damage, this was originally thought to only be the case with the ranger, but it is also available for use by other classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can only play online from 6-10est on tuesdays and thursdays.

Who said that? I was on it at like 10:30pm my time. I doubt they would just take the princess off and everyone else remains on.

oh right..i've heard of other people playing online who said the same thing. must be a bug

I thought it was a bug, not only that but I noticed that when you search for a game if the clock takes too many spins it takes you back to the main menu :) doesn't even start the game! :D

Who said that? I was on it at like 10:30pm my time. I doubt they would just take the princess off and everyone else remains on.

I thought it was a bug, not only that but I noticed that when you search for a game if the clock takes too many spins it takes you back to the main menu :) doesn't even start the game! :D

Neogaf, and PSN emails are going out with more codes, if I don't get one I'l be pissed, what's the point of being a GAP member..

Who is Neogaf? well like I said I was on until 10:30 PM PST :) so someone is lying here :) lol or maybe that's why it was taking me to the main menu. Could be that active sessions don't get stopped, but once you leave the game you can't join a new one.

Who is Neogaf? well like I said I was on until 10:30 PM PST :) so someone is lying here :) lol or maybe that's why it was taking me to the main menu. Could be that active sessions don't get stopped, but once you leave the game you can't join a new one.

it might be PST, which would make more sense. Neogaf is a website.

So this game is pretty fun, buy i'm trying to figure out how its going to keep people playing...

you're kidding right? whats not to love about capture the flag?

as long as they keep the maps coming, i'll play this more than most of the games i own

you're kidding right? whats not to love about capture the flag?

as long as they keep the maps coming, i'll play this more than most of the games i own

I meant like upgrades in your character and stuff, its the reason i stopped playing killzone 2.

I have come up with the best strategy and ever since, I have won every game. I'm like 12-1, and a Sergeant! Fricking Awesome, i need to go study now.. lol

I have come up with the best strategy and ever since, I have won every game. I'm like 12-1, and a Sergeant! Fricking Awesome, i need to go study now.. lol

catapult into the castle (or use the upper tower to get in) and leave through the water right? ;)

catapult into the castle (or use the upper tower to get in) and leave through the water right? ;)

Yep, build catapult first, then upgrade the worker guys for bombs, then upgrade warriors, then take warrior with bomb over in catapult, blow up wood hole, take princess and get your teammates to press O, it works everytime, even against human opponents. Me and Netguy went crazy online today.

Yep, build catapult first, then upgrade the worker guys for bombs, then upgrade warriors, then take warrior with bomb over in catapult, blow up wood hole, take princess and get your teammates to press O, it works everytime, even against human opponents. Me and Netguy went crazy online today.

yea after i learned that the game kind of became unfun. but you just gotta know how to defend so it doesn't happen to you

yea after i learned that the game kind of became unfun. but you just gotta know how to defend so it doesn't happen to you

That's why I said, what's going to keep me, because i can just keep doing that, and no one ever stops me..