Fat Princess Megathread: Patch 1.05 is LIVE

Jan 29, 2009
PS3_Fat_Princess_logo.png

Fat Princess is a downloadable program for the PlayStation Network made by Titan Studios and sold by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is primarily a zero to thirty-two multiplayer game with the basic goal of rescuing the Princess and bringing her back to the team's base.

The players collect and carry cakes to feed the enemy's princess which makes her heavier and therefore harder for the enemy to carry back to their own castle.

300px-Fatprincesses.png

The game contains six character classes, each of which helps to make the team's task of capturing the princess much harder.:

250px-Villager.png

The Villager

250px-Worker_basic.png

The Worker

250px-Priest_basic.png

The Priest

250px-Ranger_basic.png

The Ranger

250px-Mage_basic.png

The Mage

250px-Warrior_basic.png

The Warrior​

Gameplay: In Fat Princess, the player joins one of two opposing groups consisting of up to 16 cartoon characters each, with the goal of rescuing their team's princess from the other team's outhouse. In order to make their opponents' task more difficult, players can feed the captive princess more and more cake slices so that she will become heavier and harder to carry back to her respective castle.

Players can change their character classes and abilities on the fly by picking up hats that are generated at their team's castle. Hats can also be found on the warzone where enemies have fallen. The game's six classes include the villager, mage, warrior, and worker. On their blog, Titan Studios has teased three additional classes: pirate, guitarist, and the king. Each class has its own unique set of abilities and skills. Each class can be upgraded by having the worker class collect resources from the map and then upgrading the hat producing machines by using a prefixed amount of resources. Upgrades provide alternative weapons or attacks to each class.

On each map there are several trees and ore nodes which worker classes can use to obtain resources.

Other interactive objects are bombs produced by an upgraded worker hut and a magic potion which turns players into chickens when thrown.

There are also torches that most classes can use to ignite their weapons to do additional damage, this was originally thought to only be the case with the ranger, but it is also available for use by other classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not playing the game much more, if this is an indication on how things will run. I am not going to spend my money.

Horhay, what are you talking about, the official servers are only on from 6-10est as stated before. If you are in a game after the servers are turned off you stay in the game as you are already connected, anytime other than when the servers are on then you need to join a friend, and it runs off their ps3.

Its only for the beta, they won't have the servers on all the time till the end of the beta, or in phase 3, which I believe will be a public beta.

What else is wrong with the game? Now is your time to speak up and get it fixed while its still in beta.

In addition to our post late last week detailing some brand new PSN titles, the European PS Blog has just confirmed that Fat Princess will be with us this month. The game will land “late June” and will come with the lovely 32 player multiplayer mode we loved from the beta.

The Blog also confirms that Trash Panic will be with us soon, alongside Numblast, the cute puzzler, and the exclusive Ghostbusters demo will appear “shortly after E3″. Great stuff.

No Fat Princess in June

The recent PSN store updates in both North America and Europe had gamers pestering Sony with the question, ?Where is Fat Princess?? Mike Kebby at SCEE clarified the situation when he responded to a comment made directly to him on the European PlayStation Blog.

?Fat Princess will have a global release date, but I can confirm for you it will not be next week I?m afraid," wrote Kebby. "The game is coming at some point this summer, but there is no confirmed release date at the moment.?

Ouch. So not only no Fat Princess, but no confirmed release date for it either. It could be coming at the end of August, for all we know -- though hopefully that's not the case. We'll keep you posted.
________
THE CIGAR BOSS

Last edited:
Getting an August Release Date?

We're not sure who or what put together these images of fattened celebrities in celebration of upcoming PSN title Fat Princess, but we sure do think they're swell terrifying. UK tabloid The Sun has a whole mess of faux fat celebrities images, ranging from everyone's favorite Spice Girl, Victoria Beckham, to supermodel Naomi Campbell.

Though information coming out of Europe about Fat Princess' release date -- even from Sony -- has been less than accurate, the piece puts FP on track for an August PSN release. We've contacted Sony of Europe to ask for comment on the release date (as well as give us some idea where in the world these images came from).

And no, we have no idea what Madonna has on her head either. None.

source: joystiq.com/2009/07/17/celebrities-digitally-fattened-up-for-fat-princess/

i wouldn't start believing this considering their source is a brit tabloid website, but i thought id post it anyways cause the images are funny

Without further ado, we’re proud to announce that Fat Princess will make her royal appearance on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, July 30th for $14.99.

Fat Princess will be released simultaneously worldwide in N. America, Europe and Asia. A Japan release is also in the works, and we’ll have more information on that in weeks to come.

The sheer amount of questions submitted was fantastic, and we really appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to come up with some really good ones.

Please check out this interview with Chris Millar and Craig Leigh from Titan Studios for answers to your most burning questions. We’ll do our best to follow up and respond to some of the others we weren’t able to cover during the interview soon.

We mean it…see you on the battlefield soon!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/07/27/fat-princess-worth-the-weight-heres-the-date/