Favorite brand for audio equipment?

Hmm I heard things about Marantz, but never really knew anyone that had it, how is the brand? I know Klipsch is superb. I got no real comment on Monster other than they are over priced lol :)

Hmm I heard things about Marantz, but never really knew anyone that had it, how is the brand? I know Klipsch is superb. I got no real comment on Monster other than they are over priced lol :)

Marantz is really in the top 5 for Audio and sound, great EQ, The Audio is rated audiophile Quality , and as with Klipsch , Is there anything else? LOL And As for Monster Cable alot of pepole dont like them say they are over priced , But look at Kimber wire, vampire wire, MIT, Nordst, And so many more that cost thousands of dollars , and Monster actually being in a few hundred dollar range , so really not to over priced , And as always I have never had a bad cable and they are built to last a life time. I have been in to aduio/video for over 30 years ,Played in bands, DJ'd all through school, and ran the TV studio and fixed eq. in the US Navy for 14 years, so alittle under my belt, I trust Monster, just my feelings, as everyone has thier own,

Nice, maybe cuz I can't afford them lol I test the cables at work, I do QA and sometimes I get cables for cert and they are 50-50 half the time they fail on the electrical test and sometimes they pass, but oh well I am sure you get everything out of it. I think I've seen your setup at Br.com I maybe wrong if it is the one I think then you got yourself a sweet setup man..

Nice, maybe cuz I can't afford them lol I test the cables at work, I do QA and sometimes I get cables for cert and they are 50-50 half the time they fail on the electrical test and sometimes they pass, but oh well I am sure you get everything out of it. I think I've seen your setup at Br.com I maybe wrong if it is the one I think then you got yourself a sweet setup man..

Thats right cables are what i call tweeks, its all up to the person how much he wants to spend on tweeks,, and most all do the same job in the end,,

And yes you probally have seen my system on blu-ray.com . As Wreck and I have done some deals and he shoot me over here to check it out, so I did, cool so far , it will grow,,

You are probably the right person to ask this, what the hell is a pre-amp? lol sorry is a bit off topic :)

And yes this is slowly growing, but growing it will only get better :)

My Klipsch speakers. CDT-5650-C In-ceiling Loudspeaker. Ya'll should seriously look these up. There's pictures of my set-up in the "Home Theatre" thread. Definitely worth all the money.

400x400aspx.jpg

After hearing these, I wouldn't change my brand for ANYTHING!!

My receiver is just the Sony STR-DG810. No complaints there either. Lossless audio on a budget. Woo-Hoo!! :scat:

all my life i have been all over SONY products. i don't know why but there you have it. I have never had the problems that people complain about. I love the stuff I could care less. the only thing is that it's a little more expensive and I would get an ONKYO receiver because of the price for HD audio.

edit: i have JBL speakers tho...sale item.

Bose! *gets shot*
I was gonna get a system going with klipsch speakers and i was loking at an onkyo receiever... but this was way back when

I have etymotic and audio-technica headhones too

Bose! *gets shot*
I was gonna get a system going with klipsch speakers and i was loking at an onkyo receiever... but this was way back when

I have etymotic and audio-technica headhones too

Listen to Klipsch booshelf compared to Bose, or even Polk. Tell me which one is the best. (You can simulate this at your local Best Buy or electronics store.)

(FYI, Klipsch wins every time, little more boom, but even in high acoustics, it still kicks arse.)