Horror Chat Favourite vampire film?

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
Vampires have been part of our folklore for a millennia but the more traditional Vampire that we know today originated from early-18th-century south eastern Europe.

In cinema though, Vampires have been seducting us since early 1913. finally made famous in 1922 with thanks to the F.W Murnau's Nosferatu and Universal's Dracula in 1931, Vampires have been part of our horror culture ever since.

so whats your favourite Vampire movie?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paperinukke
I never really got into this until @cooey gave me his DVD copy of it (I had a copy taped of BBC 1 but never really watched it properly)

A real high point of the 80's with thanks to an electric cast and superb soundtrack, The Lost Boys is my favourite Vampire flick

lost_boys_ver2_xlg.jpg

Special mentions to the following flicks though which are still superb but lack Tim Capello and his saxophone
tim.jpg

Dracula (Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
John Carpenter's
Dracula 2000
Blade
Shadow of the Vampire

Love Fright Night (the original), Dracula (1958) and Dracula Prince of Darkness but in general I'm very very disappointed in Vampire films.To me they usually lack bite (no pun intended)

There is one film vampire film I just love and love. F.W Murnau's Nosferatu shares probably the first place with that movie, Nosferatu is still very frightening in 2015, but this film is just something special to me and has a nice place in my heart. Some of my friends just laugh at me, but the movie has everything I would want. It is incredibly scary at times, funny, wistful, romantic and it knows how to laugh at the old cliches it uses while at the same time it honors them without a shame. The first part in Dracula's castle is one of the funniest and the most exciting acts I have ever seen. It isn't flawless, but I can ignore most of the flaws. The movie is Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula.

dracula.jpg

So SO SO meny I carn't just go with the 1 SORRY .

Bram Stoker's Dracula was too sylised just more about the costumes witch where great lacked atmosphere though .

Fright Night 1 AND 2 BRILLIANT LOVE EM BOTH .

The Lost Boys Breathed a new life into what had become a farce of a genre a joke for movie makers .

Interview With The Vampire you where drawn into bohemian whirlwind .

Near Dark thumping atmospheric soundtrack Love Kathryne Bigalow .

Nosferatu a benchmark even for today .

Dusk Till Dawn FUN MASSIVE AMAZING FUN

Blade one of the best of the Marvel studio relises

Special mention for Originally to Sundown Vampire In Retreat and Dracula 2000 both severely undrated.

New take on the whole legend Dracula Untold is my ultra special mention .

Now for the one that pips the others for the Gothic feel of the Novel the most Best portrayal of Dracula EVER has for a long time been in my view THE BEST OF THE BEST adaptation of the novel

DRACULA 1979 Frank Langella as the Count . Directed by John Badham .

Told you I couldn't choose 1 easily :confused: .