Horror Chat Favourite zombie film?

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
Zombies have been chewing their way through cinemas since White Zombie was released in 1932 (but zombies didn't get popular until Romero's Night of the Living Dead in 1968)

so whats your favourite Zombie flick?

zombie-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sigill and Ricker
for me, Lucio Fulci's Zombie Flesh Eaters (aka Zombi 2 / Zombie) is the definitive Zombie flick for me

Seeing it after renting it on VHS (in a very cut version no less), it shook me completely. I managed to get hold of a pre-cert Betamax version during my early teens (long story) and the uncut version completely shocked me to the core whith it's excessive violence and gore (only matche dlater by an uncut viewing of Cannibal Holocaust)

Since the film was made to cash in on the popularity of Italy's release of Zombi - Dawn of the Dead (the Argento edit of Romero's zombie flick), hence the original title of Zombi 2, i like to think of this film as an unoffical prequel to Dawn of the Dead as i think the ending of Zombie Flesh Eaters leads nicely into the opening of Dawn of the Dead

ZOMBIE-FLESH-EATERS-cropped.jpg

Reactions: nefilim and ghost1
Regarding 28 Days Later....

Technically they are not zombies ;) they are just infected with a rage virus

Dawn of the Dead, started my love for zombie movies off
Night of the living dead remake, Tom Savini did a great job with that.
Day of the Dead, the best one for the gore
City of the living dead, a great moment where a women throws up her intestines, lol I nearly threw up myself the first time I saw it.
City-of-the-Living-Dead-.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Manqu
If to pick one I would go with Day of the Dead...and yes nostalgia plays a part too, since I was 13 when watching it! :D
Runners up are Dawn of the Dead (both original and remake), Night of the Creeps and the funny Return of the living dead!

Hands down Day of the Dead for me! I must of watched this movie easily 20 times or more, and it never bores me.

Night of the living dead remake was good, also 28 days later!