Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: FearDotCom (2002)

Tagline: The last site you'll ever see.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Crime

Director: William Malone

Cast: Stephen Dorff, Natascha McElhone, Stephen Rea, Udo Kier, Amelia Curtis, Jeffrey Combs, Nigel Terry, Gesine Cukrowski, Michael Sarrazin, Jana Guttgemanns, Anna Thalbach, Siobhan Flynn, Evie Garratt, Lex Kreps, Joan McBride, Isabelle Van Waes, Derek Kueter, Elizabeth McKechnie, Arnita Swanson, Gordon Peters, Nils Brunkhorst, Sven Pippig, Anja Van Greuningen, Anjelika Khromova, Sigal Diamant, Matthias Schweighöfer, Birthe Wolter, Frances Potasnik, Mascha Litterscheid, Dean Gregory, Chris Bearne, Emma Campbell, Kwasi Songui, Astrid Skuyat

Release: 2002-08-09

Runtime: 101

Plot: When four bodies are discovered among the industrial decay and urban grime of New York City, brash young detective Mike Reilly teams with ambitious Department of Health researcher Terry Huston to uncover the cause behind their violent and inexplicable deaths. The only common factor shared by the victims? Each died exactly 48 hours after logging onto a website called feardotcom.

Seen it in theaters, and have it on DVD, but as there's still no Blu-ray, got a 1080p Web-rip, which looks good, and proves again, being just 5.72gb with DD5.1 audio, that we could've had similar to BD quality on DVD9 discs right away, from the 90's.
Anyway, the movie is great, for me at least, as I like these kind of features, similar to Thir13en Ghosts and The Ring, and from the director of one of my favorites, 1999's House on Haunted Hill, with the same type of horrific visions, themes, and effects, plus I'm just glad to see young Natascha McElhone and Stephen Dorff, as well as such great character actors as Stephen Rea, Jeffrey Combs, and Udo Kier.
Sure it’s a bit silly with pseudo scientific/sci-fi premise from a time when people didn't know much about computers, but it's fun and scary nonetheless, with nice 90's tech, cars, websites. Nostalgic for me. Can't believe 21 years has passed.

Reactions: 3Maters
Have to give this one a rewatch. I've had the web rip you mentioned sitting on a hardrive for awhile. I remember this having stunningly stylish cinematography.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database