Fifa 09-10 Megathread

Jan 29, 2009
FIFA, also known as FIFA Football or FIFA Soccer, is a series of football video games, released annually by Electronic Arts under the EA Sports label. While there was no major competition when EA released the first titles in their Madden NFL and NHL series, football video games such as Sensible Soccer, Kick Off and Matchday Soccer had been developed since the late eighties and were already competitive in the games market when EA announced a football game as the next addition to their EA Sports label.

When the series began in late 1993 it was notable for being the first to have an official licence from FIFA, the world governing body of football. The latest installments in the series contain many exclusively-licenced leagues and teams from around the world, including the English Premier League and Football League, Italian Serie A, Spanish Primera Liga, the Australian A-League and US Major League Soccer, allowing the use of real leagues, clubs, and player names and likenesses within the games.

fifa0902.jpg

The main series has been complemented by additional installments based on single major tournaments, such as the FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championship, and UEFA Champions League, as well as a series of football management titles.

-------------------------

FIFA 10

There’s little doubt that Americans are not as interested in soccer as the rest of the world. But that doesn’t stop them from buying and playing soccer videogames. In the U.S., the Major League Soccer has its own set of stars, and two of them will grace the cover of the North American release of FIFA Soccer 10.

Electronic Arts today announced that Cuauhtémoc Blanco of Chicago Fire and Sacha Kljestan of Chivas USA will be featured on the front packs of FIFA Soccer 10. The pair will join Chelsea’s world-class midfielder Frank Lampard, who will also appear on the cover of European releases.

fifa-10-ss-8.jpg

Blanco, who has represented Mexico at two FIFA World Cups, is a midfielder for Chicago and two-time MLS All-Star. His ‘Blanco Bounce’ move, in which he jumps with the ball held between his feet to escape defenders, is a featured skill in FIFA Soccer 10.

Kljestan is an attacking midfielder who has appeared in 12 matches for the full U.S. National Team. In his third year in MLS, Kljestan led Chivas USA in scoring, named Team MVP, chosen as an MLS All-Star, and played for the United States Olympic Team.

site_fifa-10-ss-5.jpg

FIFA Soccer 10 will feature the first-ever true 360-degree dribbling system to give players finer ball control. The new Freedom in Physical Play concept allows players to perform wider dribble touches and new the new collision sharing creates less predictable possessions.

site_fifa-10-ss-6.jpg

The game is set to hit retailers in North America on October 20 for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP, PC, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, and Wii.

Source: psu.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Arsenal got a damn good player too bad Rosicky is still injured I think if he was on top form Asharvin would look like a rookie too bad for him.

i have already moved Arshavin into my team becasue i couldnt wait for the update play him LM and he is 87, the only problem is arsenal lack a decent cm on the game obviously apart from Fabregas

hi everyone,

very quick introduction. I am mat prior the line producer for ultimate team. I have been at ea for 8 years during which time i have worked on numerous games including 7 football titles. I am from manchester and i’m a lifelong man city fan which has had its ups and downs over the years (mostly downs)

i hope to be able to answer some of the questions surrounding ultimate team.

First off there seems to be a lot of questions around ps3 trophy support for fifa 09 so let me speak to that. Yes it will be available for fifa 09 and you don’t need to buy ultimate team in order to get it. Ultimate team has its own trophies but you’ll get full trophy support for fifa 09 for free without having to buy ultimate team, it will be part of the title update that will unlock the ability to download ultimate team.

Secondly pricing. I can confirm that it will not be a subscription model but pricing is currently being finalized so i can’t disclose that right now. Expect an announcement towards the end of next week.

Ultimate team is a fantastic game and by far and away the deepest mode we have ever created in any of our football games. While it is being called a game mode because it needs fifa 09 to function, it is a complete game unto itself and has had a complete independent production team devoted to it over these past 12 months. It will be available to try for free so i hope you’ll all check it out.

We’ll try and get a separate ultimate team thread going but in the meantime i did an interview for gamespot the other day that will answer a lot of other questions raised here.

holy crap trophies on a ea title after release! Saaweeet! Now bring on live trophies! Haha

i have already moved Arshavin into my team becasue i couldnt wait for the update play him LM and he is 87, the only problem is arsenal lack a decent cm on the game obviously apart from Fabregas

I read somewhere that Wenger is already looking for another playmaker like Fabregas.

holy crap trophies on a ea title after release! Saaweeet! Now bring on live trophies! Haha

Should fairly easy to get the offline trophies if they include any online trophies I guess I will only play you fools cuz people out there don't like losing and there's too many disconnections! people will unplug their ethernet cables so yeah....

wish i had more time/money. ive never played soccer and not a huge fan of it (i watch the world cup thats about it) but id like to get into a game like this.

EA have released more details about ‘Ultimate Team’ the new game mode for Fifa ‘09 we announced last week.

Launched on March 19th Ultimate Team will enable players to assemble and manage their fantasy team with the collection of virtual cards. Firing up fifa on or after this will date will force an update enabling Ultimate Team in the main menu, from there users will be able to choose a language which will trigger the 1.3GB download which is completely free and enables a 5 game trial.

Other good news is that the update will bring with it 57 Trophies, 47 of them for the main game and 10 for the Ultimate Team add-on.

The full mechanics of how the new mode will work, including how to get more cards and the trading system is explained in full at EAFootballWorld, personally I was surprised at just how expansive the new mode is and that it’s not being sold as a completely seperate game in its own right.

I dont really know soccer for nothing, I pick the same team every time too lol ...but it is a fun game once u get the basics down (not hard) ... its good to have a soccer game in the collection ... and its fun when playing and whooping up on HORHAY!!! .... although it rarely happens...

as far as scott goes, his ass must fall asleep with game in deck ... I send him messages all the time about playing when I see him on ...... nothing. :p

A while ago we brought you news on the forthcoming new game mode for EA’s FIFA ‘09, following on from that we showed a trailer which helped clear up questions surrounding the new game mode.

And now we can bring you the price - A mere $10, or 800MS points for those lucky people with a choice of machines, I think quite reasonable for what sounds like a very expansive add-on, which almost could be a game in its own right.

On March 19th it will be possible to download a free 5 game trial for this new mode so you can sample it, before deciding whether to make the full purchase or not, a Trophy patch is also due at the same time.

I dunno about a trial I'll just buy the mode. I am sick of playing against the machine I am playing at the hardest level and I already mastered it.

I dont really know soccer for nothing, I pick the same team every time too lol ...but it is a fun game once u get the basics down (not hard) ... its good to have a soccer game in the collection ... and its fun when playing and whooping up on HORHAY!!! .... although it rarely happens...

as far as scott goes, his ass must fall asleep with game in deck ... I send him messages all the time about playing when I see him on ...... nothing. :p

Sorry dude lol, i get tired come about 12 my time and i just want to sleep lol

I need to seriously get back on my fifa i aint played it for a week, think im gonna cry :(

By the way anyone that has been living in a box the last few weeks, We have a Fifa tourney going on blu-clan :)

pff those trophies are easy, I probably already done about 70% of them by now, I can do it again without a problem. Only thing I haven't done is a goal from the corner :) lol that's not an easy task

Nah most are easy maybe cuz I play the game about 90% of the time when I turn my PS3 on lol and I am playing on the hardest difficulty too :)

yeah i think they look easy but are going to take me awhile to get them all as i hardly ever play the game anymore