Mondo Fight Club - OST by The Dust Brothers (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: November 16, 2016
Purchase: Mondo - Zavvi
Price: $35 - £35

Notes: 2LP pressed on 2x180 Gram Pink Soap Vinyl, Sleeve Design & Packaging by Alan Hynes

Fight_Club_Display_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

Fight_Club_FC_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

Fight_Club_Rip_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

Fight_Club_Disc_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

This Wednesday we are releasing one of our favorite soundtracks of all time, The Dust Brother's score to David Fincher's masterpiece Fight Club.

Alan Hynes' packaging for the title is inspired to the point of brilliance. If you saw our unboxing this week, you should have a good idea of what's in store. But if not, maybe it's best if you keep the surprise for yourself. It's an interactive experience to say the least.

Mondo is proud to present the soundtrack to Fight Club on vinyl for the first time in over 15 years.

The Dust Brothers only film score to date, Fight Club is arguably one of the most enjoyable soundtrack albums to come out of the 90's and part of that has to do with the fact that it's one of the best sequenced scores of all time. Weaving all of the films cues from the film into 16 songs, the album winds up feeling like the best instrumental Trip-Hop album you've never heard.

Buy it or you will be incomplete. But be warned, this album will not stay beautiful, clean or perfect. It will not stay mint, or even VG+. It will become fair at best. Just like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally pulled the trigger on this bad boy. I just had to and so happy I did. The soundtrack is incredible trip hop anyway and one of my all time top films but the package and vinyl are just beautiful.

It felt so horrible opening it up by ripping it but I actually like the way it looks like that. Love the IKEA style and all the hidden gems & Easter eggs on the packaging

Mine does have a bend top right which p*ssed me off but I can live with it

"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake"

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

well, after recent packages received, i've got to admit i was dreading this arriving somewhat. especially after a single vinyl album turned up from zavvi in this not exactly form-fitting box:
yes, @paulboland it was from Warrington!

i know how you felt, flloydo/noodles, at about this time:
how did i do? well... :ohno:

in fact, after such a downer with the blufans Force Awakens mailing damage, this was quite a reversal of fortune:

happy days. thanks for opening up the suggestion for me on this @larson1977 and congrats also to @Noodles and @Flloydo. that's 4 from 4 'black' vinyl pressings that became pink! :thumbs: :woot: :OMG:

well, after recent packages received, i've got to admit i was dreading this arriving somewhat. especially after a single vinyl album turned up from zavvi in this not exactly form-fitting box:

in fact, after such a downer with the blufans Force Awakens mailing damage, this was quite a reversal of fortune:

happy days. thanks for opening up the suggestion for me on this @larson1977 and congrats also to @Noodles and @Flloydo. that's 4 from 4 'black' vinyl pressings that became pink! :thumbs: :woot: :OMG:

:LOL:

Love the i am jack comments

My guardians vinyl came in box like that. I was really confused when it arrived because it was the only thing I was expecting and arrived mint but this was sent in a standard vinyl box this time

Glad it arrived safely and your happy. It's one of my favourite vinyl packages along with tv on the radios - seeds & gorillaz Humanz deluxe edition with the book

Haha cool post mate... thanks for sharing. And congrats! :thumbs:

As fitting as the rip is, I wish I'd known about the alternative way of opening it (I'll let @Flloydo explain that, since he's the one who first told me about it), because the tear through the middle is driving my OCD crazy! :wacky:

Haha cool post mate... thanks for sharing. And congrats! :thumbs:

As fitting as the rip is, I wish I'd known about the alternative way of opening it (I'll let @Flloydo explain that, since he's the one who first told me about it), because the tear through the middle is driving my OCD crazy! :wacky:

Lol

I wish I found it earlier to show you because the second I see it i just knew you would of rather done it that way. This vinyl package is a good way to help overcome your OCD. If you store it in a vinyl Wallet it makes it a bit better too mate

@steelmybeatingheart you can actually open the tab up on the side but it's quite heavily glued down (the guy in the video does struggle a bit) BUT you get an extra message.......

image.png

Made me chuckle and thought it was cool. I actaully see this before I got mine but I still opened it the correct way, like I said its glued down strong so it looks like you can bend it more and squashing the packaging more doing it that way. Plus you might have bad luck and glue rips through the message

Lol

I wish I found it earlier to show you because the second I see it i just knew you would of rather done it that way. This vinyl package is a good way to help overcome your OCD. If you store it in a vinyl Wallet it makes it a bit better too mate

@steelmybeatingheart you can actually open the tab up on the side but it's quite heavily glued down (the guy in the video does struggle a bit) BUT you get an extra message.......

View attachment 329055

Made me chuckle and thought it was cool. I actaully see this before I got mine but I still opened it the correct way, like I said its glued down strong so it looks like you can bend it more and squashing the packaging more doing it that way. Plus you might have bad luck and glue rips through the message
Haha I'm seriously tempted to buy another copy... that's how much it's bugging me! I had thought about getting a vinyl wallet for it, but then I'd have to get them for all my other vinyl too, because that's just how daft my OCD is lol. Good point about the flap actually causing more damage though... maybe slicing underneath it with a knife might help to prise it open easier. For now I've just placed the white wraparound paper band thing over the split, so it looks pretty normal at the moment... it's just a pain in the ass trying to get it on/off each time I want to open the vinyl up. :dead:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Lol

View attachment 329055

Made me chuckle and thought it was cool. I actually see this before I got mine but I still opened it the correct way, like I said its glued down strong so it looks like you can bend it more and squashing the packaging more doing it that way. Plus you might have bad luck and glue rips through the message
nice one. :thumbs: i had a feeling that they'd do something like that. again, it's that extra level of detail, much credit given. :notworthy: i hadn't seen that, but i did actually just start beginning to position the gatefold to start trying to open a corner, rather than go the 'Sacrifice' route, and then thought, **** it, in for a penny...
giphy.gif

• Thanks
Haha I'm seriously tempted to buy another copy... that's how much it's bugging me! I had thought about getting a vinyl wallet for it, but then I'd have to get them for all my other vinyl too, because that's just how daft my OCD is lol. Good point about the flap actually causing more damage though... maybe slicing underneath it with a knife might help to prise it open easier. For now I've just placed the white wraparound paper band thing over the split, so it looks pretty normal at the moment... it's just a pain in the ass trying to get it on/off each time I want to open the vinyl up. :dead:

I did the same and put the obi strip thing around the rip so it's not noticeable but I've been opening it up a lot listening to this and guardians so now the obi is on the top part just above the rip

Haha you nutta, ordering a second that is lol. I only have the vinyl packages that cost more in them. And vinyl with more fragile packaging like the twin peaks and a girl walks home alone at night sleeves, they both have die cut images/ writing and if you slide a vinyl back into place next to one of them it will bend a part of the die cut

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

awesome :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I hope those with OCD have a sense of humor :rofl: when unsealing this it must be a nightmare for those that are very OCD

It's also clever marketing to make you purchase 2 copies one to open and one to keep sealed :rofl:

I get the joke and idea behind the release having to tear the strip to open the vinyl but I would have preferred a standard opening also as a choice

I don't think I would risk pulling of the tab that's glued down as an option as it very easy to tear the album cover been glued and seen some unboxing video using that method I seen the tab getting torn I do though like the sense of humor underneath the tab if you do open that way it's very well done

I might order one on Thursday Pay day

Edit
I decided to not wait until Thursday I just did an order
Do I unseal or keep sealed when I get delivery :LOL:

For those interested in the idea behind the packaging design

Host Michael Escanuelas invites Alan Hynes to the program to discuss his design work on the Mondo reissue of "Fight Club."

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Stop trying to control everything and just let it go :p

I decided to not open the way they wanted it be done I could not do it :rofl:

Photos opened from the side I managed to not tear it :D

View attachment 330572 View attachment 330573 View attachment 330574

View attachment 330575 View attachment 330576 View attachment 330577

Haha I did wonder how you were going to open it. You did a good job though at doing it without ripping etc

Usually my OCD would drive me crazy like noodles but I just love the way you rip it to open it

Where did you get your vinyl sleeves from Paul? Are yours like a steel poly bag with a re-sealable lip? Or just folded?

Edit: I can see the re sealable line on the last picture.

Haha I did wonder how you were going to open it. You did a good job though at doing it without ripping etc

Usually my OCD would drive me crazy like noodles but I just love the way you rip it to open it

Where did you get your vinyl sleeves from Paul? Are yours like a steel poly bag with a re-sealable lip? Or just folded?

Edit: I can see the re sealable line on the last picture.
They are Blake Sleeves I get them from Bagsxl
You can get ones with resealable flap or without the flap and they also do nice inner sleeves that are great for colored vinyl
The album sleeves are very good very clear and show off your album artwork nice
https://www.bagsxl.com/bags/album-sleeves.html

If you have a lot of gatefold albums or double or triple albums get these ones

Gatefold albums or double albums with resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/blpd-double-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-32-7x31-6-3-9-cm.html

Gatefold albums or double without a resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/no-flap-crystal-clear-album-sleeve-32-9-x-32-9-100-pieces-blpdnf.html

Standard Albums with resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/blp1-lp-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-32x31-5-3-6-cm.html

Standard Albums without the resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/blp1nf-lp-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-32x32-cm.html

12" inner Record Sleeves
https://www.bagsxl.com/blpfs-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-30-6x30-5-cm.html

With the resealable flap sleeves use them with album sliding in from the top and not from the side

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
They are Blake Sleeves I get them from Bagsxl
You can get ones with resealable flap or without the flap and they also do nice inner sleeves that are great for colored vinyl
The album sleeves are very good very clear and show off your album artwork nice
https://www.bagsxl.com/bags/album-sleeves.html

If you have a lot of gatefold albums or double or triple albums get these ones

Gatefold albums or double albums with resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/blpd-double-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-32-7x31-6-3-9-cm.html

Gatefold albums or double without a resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/no-flap-crystal-clear-album-sleeve-32-9-x-32-9-100-pieces-blpdnf.html

Standard Albums with resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/blp1-lp-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-32x31-5-3-6-cm.html

Standard Albums without the resealable flap
https://www.bagsxl.com/blp1nf-lp-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-32x32-cm.html

12" inner Record Sleeves
https://www.bagsxl.com/blpfs-record-sleeves-aka-blake-sleeves-30-6x30-5-cm.html

With the resealable flap sleeves use them with album sliding in from the top and not from the side

Cheers, I have a few that you just slide in from the side but I need to get some more at some point. Other than that it's the ones that music on vinyl come in (the thicker ones) or a few random ones that have come with HMV vinyls purchases in store (if I buy from the shop I worked in they always give me a free vinyl wallet lol)

I'll have a look about because I need some more but wasn't sure what ones to get.

Yeah better inner sleeves for some of the coloured vinyl that come with card inners would be handy too I suppose.

Cheers

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland