Mondo Fight Club - OST by The Dust Brothers (colored vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release: November 16, 2016
Purchase: Mondo - Zavvi
Price: $35 - £35

Notes: 2LP pressed on 2x180 Gram Pink Soap Vinyl, Sleeve Design & Packaging by Alan Hynes

Fight_Club_Display_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

Fight_Club_FC_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

Fight_Club_Rip_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

Fight_Club_Disc_Blog_1024x1024.jpg

This Wednesday we are releasing one of our favorite soundtracks of all time, The Dust Brother's score to David Fincher's masterpiece Fight Club.

Alan Hynes' packaging for the title is inspired to the point of brilliance. If you saw our unboxing this week, you should have a good idea of what's in store. But if not, maybe it's best if you keep the surprise for yourself. It's an interactive experience to say the least.

Mondo is proud to present the soundtrack to Fight Club on vinyl for the first time in over 15 years.

The Dust Brothers only film score to date, Fight Club is arguably one of the most enjoyable soundtrack albums to come out of the 90's and part of that has to do with the fact that it's one of the best sequenced scores of all time. Weaving all of the films cues from the film into 16 songs, the album winds up feeling like the best instrumental Trip-Hop album you've never heard.

Buy it or you will be incomplete. But be warned, this album will not stay beautiful, clean or perfect. It will not stay mint, or even VG+. It will become fair at best. Just like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone here order this from Zavvi? I've heard reports that the black vinyl version doesn't actually exist yet and so Zavvi (and other retailers) are shipping out the pink vinyl version.

Really?

If i wasn't so skint with so many premium steels I want coming up then I would order

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Really?

If i wasn't so skint with so many premium steels I want coming up then I would order
Same here... I was going to order what I thought was the black version sooner or later anyway once I had enough spare cash, but now I'm desperate to get it if Zavvi's is indeed the pink vinyl!

I saw someone mention it on Twitter a while back (think they ordered from somewhere other than Zavvi though), then came across this post on Instagram just the other day...

Reading through the comments of that IG post and someone else said something similar...
I've just received one from the US and it was listed as black, but received pink. Mondo also replied to an email from me saying future presses would be black, however, I don't think any black exists...yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Same here... I was going to order what I thought was the black version sooner or later anyway once I had enough spare cash, but now I'm desperate to get it if Zavvi's is indeed the pink vinyl!

I saw someone mention it on Twitter a while back (think they ordered from somewhere other than Zavvi though), then came across this post on Instagram just the other day...

Reading through the comments of that IG post and someone else said something similar...

Damn! That's good

If it's still up for grabs in a few months I might have to go for it

• Thanks
Mine is on it's way from Zavvi to me (Netherlands).... Oh boy I would go insane if it's indeed the pink edition. Is there a way to check this before opening? by barcode maybe?
Fingers crossed for you bud! I have no idea about the barcodes unfortunately. Keep us updated. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: larson1977
look what I found in my order from ZAVVI......

4rDHTzo.jpg

The myth is true....
Sooooo happy I made the gamble when I heared about this ;)
Thanks @Noodles
congrats! seriously considering finally going for the black one, now, especially now i've seen yours open. great looking set overall. i think i'd love it even if it wasn't pink. :thumbs:

Reactions: larson1977
I ended up ordering this yesterday after Zavvi sent me a 15% off code... couldn't resist at £28. Hopefully it's still the coloured vinyl!
spoooky - great minds - genuinely, myself also! :thumbs: let's see what happens!
giphy.gif

i'll be pleased if it's pink
, but also if it's black - at the end of the day, it's a good soundtrack. :thumbs:

• Thanks
I ended up ordering this yesterday after Zavvi sent me a 15% off code... couldn't resist at £28. Hopefully it's still the coloured vinyl!

Nice, hoping this stays in stock for a while. I got a 15% too but can't really afford random orders at the mo

• Thanks
Nice, hoping this stays in stock for a while. I got a 15% too but can't really afford random orders at the mo
I reckon you should be safe mate... I imagine they'll just restock it with the black vinyl once the original coloured vinyl is gone, which may not be any time soon anyway.

I reckon you should be safe mate... I imagine they'll just restock it with the black vinyl once the original coloured vinyl is gone, which may not be any time soon anyway.

That's what I'm worried about lol I don't want the black one

I can wait and if I do order which won't be any time soon then fingers crossed its pink

• Thanks
Received it today and thankfully got the pink vinyl. Really nice release with such a clever design! I honestly don't think I've ever been so stressed out by just opening a vinyl though... tearing the sleeve in half was painful lol.

Received it today and thankfully got the pink vinyl. Really nice release with such a clever design! I honestly don't think I've ever been so stressed out by just opening a vinyl though... tearing the sleeve in half was painful lol.

Can imagine you sweating whilst doing it

Dunno if you see my txt earlier but I placed an order

I'll have to sacrifice something next month and I've put money aside for blufans rogue one and mantas alien cov so hopefully no random nova or kimchi announcements i might want in that time lol

• Thanks
Can imagine you sweating whilst doing it

Dunno if you see my txt earlier but I placed an order

I'll have to sacrifice something next month and I've put money aside for blufans rogue one and mantas alien cov so hopefully no random nova or kimchi announcements i might want in that time lol
Mate, I was genuinely sweating... think I told you in my text lol. Funny you should say you'll have to "sacrifice" something, as that's what the tab says on the strip you rip off the sleeve. I'm positive you won't regret getting this anyway! ;)

• Thanks
Mate, I was genuinely sweating... think I told you in my text lol. Funny you should say you'll have to "sacrifice" something, as that's what the tab says on the strip you rip off the sleeve. I'm positive you won't regret getting this anyway! ;)

I'll be the same mate when opening it tbh, will feel weird doing that to a vinyl.

Shame about the possible where is my mind track, read that it's not included on it and the track titles with the faded letters that spell it out are the added bonus

• Thanks