Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 27, 2021
Hello fellow collectors. I was trying to find some information online to no avail so wondering if someone can help me?

Has anyone from the UK ordered directly from filmarena post brexit for an amount over £135? If so were you met with additional charges? I know it has all changed due to brexit so I am looking for an idea of what I would be paying for a maniacs collectors box now, the box is £172 plus shipping, but am I correct in thinking I could be slapped with more fees of an unknown amount due to import taxes, custom fees etc?

Apr 18, 2017
Hello fellow collectors. I was trying to find some information online to no avail so wondering if someone can help me?

Has anyone from the UK ordered directly from filmarena post brexit for an amount over £135? If so were you met with additional charges? I know it has all changed due to brexit so I am looking for an idea of what I would be paying for a maniacs collectors box now, the box is £172 plus shipping, but am I correct in thinking I could be slapped with more fees of an unknown amount due to import taxes, custom fees etc?
Hi @Bizl
I did get charged for the BTTF maniacs set as they don’t inc VAT in the prices to the UK. when you log into your account the pice slightly differs for UK sales as they will take off VAT so I got hit £50 on delivery. However that set was more than the set your quoting so should be lower. But the worse thing is the £11 management charge from DHL for sorting it.

hope that helps

Reactions: Bizl
Aug 27, 2021
Hello @snow flake and thank you for your reply. So I have since learned about the removal of VAT at checkout when ordering. I believe it is payed on arrival as you mentioned and is now referred to as import VAT, am I correct in thinking that the £11 you payed to DHL is the referred to as the handling fee? So in total you payed an additional £61 on arrival, and I assume DHL collect on delivery? If so that is not as bad as I initially thought, what I did have concern about was custom and import fees, but I have since read that they are not applied if the product is of EU origin.
Hi @Bizl
I did get charged for the BTTF maniacs set as they don’t inc VAT in the prices to the UK. when you log into your account the pice slightly differs for UK sales as they will take off VAT so I got hit £50 on delivery. However that set was more than the set your quoting so should be lower. But the worse thing is the £11 management charge from DHL for sorting it.

hope that helps

Apr 18, 2017
Hi @Bizl
sorry the bill was £59.87 in total for import duty / tax payment, this included the DHL handling charge .
I was notified by dhl to pay 1 day before delivery and I paid online via their site.
Hope that helps

Reactions: Bizl
Jun 14, 2022

Hi @Bizl

hope that helps
Thank you for asking this and the answer, I had the same question to ask as I'm just about to place an order with Filmarena. Absolute mess these days ordering from the EU after England made the wonderful decision to cut all that red tape and extra cost.... oh wait. I guess we got our flag back or something.

Boris Johnson Mouth GIF

Reactions: snow flake and Bizl