First Man (4K+2D & Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 21) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 24, 2019
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D) - (Pre-order April 12 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $164.97 (One Click) - $48.99 (Full Slip A or B) - $43.99 (Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip A (4K) - Full Slip B (4K) - Lenti (2D)
Notes: One Click 400 sets, Full Slip A 800, Full Slip B 800, Lenti 900

box_33060ce2-58bb-4a9a-9132-5106c2807d34.jpgFS_A.jpgFS_B.jpgLS_19130b4a-24ad-4276-bfdb-98e301b1bea2.jpg
first_man_steel_1024x1024.jpg
- One Click:

Outer Cover - Astronaut suit inspired cover made with fabric and patches

Inner Box - Scratch Resistance Coating + Foil + Embossing

- Full Slip A: Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Full Slip B: Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip-A:

Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Full Slip B:

Holofoil + Glossy + Embossing + Silver Foil

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope

- Lenticular Full Slip:

Super Clear 3D Lenticular + Scratch Resistance Coating + Silver Foil + Glossy + Embossing

- Booklet (Full Size)

- Postcards (5ea)

- Character Cards (7ea)

- Envelope
0AE906A2-B360-4228-B357-015F7BFCB921.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Landing on the moon WAS an American accomplishment. The rest of the world had nothing to do with it.
Actually, a good argument could be made that that's just not true. Not even close.
And I am not diminishing the fact that it was a great accomplishment, of course it was.

I take umbrage with the idea that all American accomplishmenta are are world/human accomplishments.
It was all done with American ingenuity and Know-how. If the world would like to retroactively kick in the $$ spent on Mercury and Apollo programs, maybe we can talk.
(Likewise, I won't call the Renaissance a "world/human" achievement- that was all Europe. And god bless them for that.)
As @misformatt has already hinted, most of the "ingenuity and know-how" wasn't American it was specifically (Nazi) German. Read up on Operation Paperclip if it's of any interest.
But congrats.

The Saturn V was designed by two former Nazi rocket scientists. lol
They weren't Nazis - they were captives of the Nazi regime.
(This is personal - my grandfather was one of the German scientists who managed to escape as Hitler was taking over. (Others weren't so lucky) -He eventually was part of the Manhattan Project and loved America).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Please stop, that is utter nonsense... Wernher von Braun was a member of the Nazi party and in the SS.
And none of that takes anything away from his achievements both on the German side and on the American side.
LOL, History gets rewritten ;)
Says enough about the history lessons regarding WW2 in the US....

Very very happy to hear about this chance that Manta may release it!! Hopefully it won't remain just an announcement shot up in the air. Movie is very solid: good story and good emotions even if the general tone is a bit cold and "stuck-to-the-facts", as it can be expected from a biopic. Gosling tries his best to evolve from his traditional facial mono-expression and in a sense he succeds.

It was America’s feat but also a big step and celebration for the rest of humanity

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Two famous phrases I'm hoping are in the film "Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed" and "That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind". Please note, mankind, not U.S. citizens.

Hahaha perfect

The Saturn V was designed by two former Nazi rocket scientists. lol

was just thinking after ww2 americans rehomed alot of nazi rocket scientists was even said that was how america beat everyone else in alot of things regards space race.

edit now just caught up with rest of thread leave it there as not to derail the thread anymore but we all hold our own opionons on the matter.

basil :thumbs:

Landing on the moon WAS an American accomplishment. The rest of the world had nothing to do with it.

Okay, you're clearly not understanding the concept. It's not about nationality, or the "human race" or whatever. The movie is about the human elements of accomplishing a major feat like landing on the moon. The drive, determination, etc. The fact that they were Americans is less important in the telling of this story by the writers/director.

Well if it’s true that the movie focuses more on the human element than on the American accomplishment (which it was being an American program in those special times, but the history tellers in this thread are absolutely right), then I think that will make the movie itself even better. Full confidence in Chazelle.

Reactions: Flloydo
Well if it’s true that the movie focuses more on the human element than on the American accomplishment (which it was being an American program in those special times, but the history tellers in this thread are absolutely right), then I think that will make the movie itself even better. Full confidence in Chazelle.

Anything without the woops and hell yeahs in the control room will do me :hilarious:

Two famous phrases I'm hoping are in the film "Houston, Tranquility Base here, the Eagle has landed" and "That's one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind". Please note, mankind, not U.S. citizens.
The renaissance was also a step forward for mankind. I don't claim that the U.S. (which didn't exist yet) had any part in that.
The moon landing was an achievement on behalf of mankind, but achieved by a specific country and space program.
*please note that it's not "Brussels, Tranquility Base here."

Last edited: