Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Five Eyes

Genre: Action, Thriller

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Jason Statham

Release: 0000-00-00

Plot: MI6 guns-and-steel agent Fortune is recruited by global intelligence alliance Five Eyes to track down and stop the sale of a deadly new weapons technology that threatens to disrupt the world order. Reluctantly paired with a CIA tech expert, Fortune sets off on a globe-trotting mission where he will have to use all of his charm, ingenuity and stealth to track down and neutralize a billionaire arms broker.

Jason Statham, Guy Ritchie Re-Teaming on Spy Thriller ‘Five Eyes’

Jason Statham and director Guy Ritchie are re-teaming on the spy thriller “Five Eyes” for Miramax.

Statham will portray an agent recruited by global intelligence alliance “Five Eyes” to track down and stop the sale of a deadly new weapon that threatens to disrupt the world order. Reluctantly paired with a high-tech CIA expert, he sets off on a globe-trotting mission to infiltrate a billionaire arms broker.

Principal photography is set to commence in October in Europe.

Ritchie and Statham previously collaborated on “Cash Truck,” and British actioners “Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels” and “Snatch.” Ritchie will direct and produce “Five Eyes” from a screenplay written by Ivan Atkinson and Marn Davies, with revisions by Ritchie. Atkinson will also produce.

via Variety

New name ; Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre

operation-fortune-guy-ritchie-image-6-1024x683.jpg

operation-fortune-guy-ritchie-image-2-1024x683.jpg

operation-fortune-guy-ritchie-image-3-1024x683.jpg

image-2-1024x682.jpg

operation-fortune-guy-ritchie-image-1-1024x683.jpg

They should've left even 'Five Eyes' as the title. The new one is too long, too cumbersome, and definitely too unreadable for most. When I came across the trailer yesterday, I thought it was some kind of European, localised French title.

Also, I'm very excited for anything from Guy Ritchie, and the cast is great, but seems like a a bit too much going on in the movie, hopefully it won't detract from what I believe makes it a Guy Ritchie film. Gentlemen was that, more in vein of Snatch, etc. Cash Truck wasn't.
Hopefully this will be closer to my favorite of his, Revolver.

Wow, it's already been a year!
I heard it was pulled back like this because the story deals with some Ukrainian bad guys or terrorists, which suddenly became 'not kosher' anymore.
Well, now it's slated to come out in Ukrainian bombing Russian theaters on January 5th. I wonder if they managed to edit the bad guys into 'someone else'.

This movie opened a couple of months ago in Russia, go figure, but dubbed version only, so I didn't watch it.
Cannot wait for it ever since the delay, wondering how much was cut or changed, and if those scenes will ever see the light of day, so to say, as extras on disc.

Was waiting to see this for over a year, with all the delays. The Ukrainian terrorists stayed in the picture, so I don't know what all the fuss and rumors were about.
Anyway, the film is good, especially the latter half, but most of the scenes are missing some kind of cool energy and montage that earlier Guy Ritchie films had, as well as nicely picked music. There's one song here, but it sucks.
Were it not for Aubrey Plaza and Hugh Grant, who are easily the best here, saving the picture, and maybe Josh Hartnett, who's playing almost himself in a second movie this year already (the other being Die Hart), it could've been written as a failure.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database