Flock - Megathread - What the Flock is this about?

Jan 29, 2009
OK, I would like you all to stop with the FLOCK innuendos. I mean, we’re adults here, most of us anyway. Flockin’ stop that sheep now! I’m telling ya, it’s getting real old.

Here were some of your, uh, witty comments:

“What the FLOCK!? I want to play it!” – Thrasher20
“Why the flock won’t John Diamonon respond to my question?” - Realaride
“Give me a FLOCKING prize!” – XxBigP123xX

LOL. I don’t know about you, but no matter how many times I read your flockin’ comments, it never gets old.

So the wait is over. FLOCK! finally lands on PSN today. Here’s what you can expect:

* Over 50 levels of intense flocking action!
* Level creating, sharing and rating!
* Trial mode! (Basically a demo with an in-game purchase option) Trophies!
* In game XMB music support!
* Two player local co-op!
* Cow poop!
* Flies on cow poop!
* Pigs rolling on cow poop with flies!
* UFOs and a Motherflocker!
* A $14.99 price point.
* Commenters complaining about said price point!
* Gamers purchasing FLOCK and exclaiming that it’s totally worth it!
* More harassment about trophy support for previously released games!
* Shameless cameo appearance by Blanka from Street Fighter!
* Many more surprises and prizes!

I want to set the record straight because I’m not one to hide from anything. We will NOT, I repeat, NOT be charging for extra animals in FLOCK! Yes, the game will be complete with all the sheep, roosters, pigs and cows you can herd to your heart’s desire.

I want to congratulate last week’s contest winners: Jon_Mclane and Corran. Jon won a FLOCK code and a copy of SF4. Corran was the lucky winner of a FLOCK code, FLOCK play set and a Mega Man 9 press kit. If you want to purchase the FLOCK play set, you can buy this extremely limited collectors piece at the Capcom Store tomorrow.

This wouldn’t be a John D blog without a crazy contest now would it? Post #1000 gets a FLOCK code, play set and Mega Man 9 press kit. Only continental US and Puerto Rico will be eligible for the play set and press kit. Please type complete sentences and no consecutive posting. You can post more than once just not consecutively. PM me if you’re the winner.

Also, check here at the end of the month for an awesome announcement!

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/310/5.416

Last edited:
Heres a review with summary below.

8.5 Presentation
Slick art style, unique single-player and co-op campaigns, and a level editor for creating and sharing levels.
7.5 Graphics
The animals are cute and environments reveal a good amount of detail.
6.0 Sound
Farm animal sound effects are amusing but the sci-fi surf music gets old fast.
6.5 Gameplay
Flock is designed to frustrate -- animals are constantly straying from the pack, falling to their death, and getting stuck on obstacles. If you don't mind all that, you'll have a great time.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
The single-player and co-op campaigns each have their own levels, and you can create and share your own challenges with the level editor.
Passable OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I'll just kill you with my Flocking gun in Flockzone 2, oh wait, I don't play that Flocking game anymore, give me more Flocking Ranks!

(John D, flocking started it)