FOOD!

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Cuz all this rad stuff makes people hungry!

Good food and good beer is important to us. We love to eat and drink so when putting together our ideal convention we knew we had to make sure there are delicious food options nearby and plenty of delicious beverages to drink. Below are the list of food trucks we will have on hand at this year's event. These trucks will be in the parking lots at the event site so you will never have to go far for great local eats. Oh, and we made sure there was coffee this year!

Frank - purveyors of artisan sausages & hot dogs - from venison to veggie. Look for MondoCon exclusive menu specials!

Micklethwait Craft Meats - Texas Hill Country Style Barbeque serving smoked meats, fresh breads, and sides.

Shhmaltz - serving all vegetarian and vegan Jewish deli food -- big delicious sandwiches, pickles from scratch, and hand crafted kombucha.

Stony's Pizza - some of the quickest and most delicious, authentic East Coast Style pizza in Austin served by the whole pie or slice.

Arlo's Austin - vegan comfort food designed and prepared to satisfy omnivores and herbivores alike.

Therapy Coffee - mobile espresso and tea bar dedicated to bringing light, love, and joy to your day one handcrafted artisan beverage at a time

Kebabilicious - delicious Turkish style wraps, salads, rice bowls, and more.​

Attachments

• meat.jpg
    meat.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 243
I was recommended by a fellow ninja when I went to Austin for a business trip

gourdough's
Max's Wine Dive
Gus' Chicken
Iron Works BBQ - this place was amazing!!!
@mllNY Sweet! :hungry: I'll be adding these places to my list ;) Now I'm gonna do some research! :D

Thanks! :thumbs:

I assume the HDN both will have Code Red Mountain Dew and Twinkies as refreshments to coincide with the exclusive Zombieland slipcover.
LMFAO!!! :rofl: That's a damn good idea @jcm! :joy:

Come on @Wreck let's make this happen! :D I'll buy several boxes and hand a Twinkie to those who purchase a Steel from the booth! :woot: :thumbs:

Reactions: luke98
My Messican hermano, you are in for a treat sir! I used to be a chef and share your love for tacos...There are a TON of good taco spots in Austin. All the way from roach coaches parked on the street corners to authentic Taquerias all the way up to some more imaginative gringos who make some killer tacos out of non-traditional stuff. Let me do some research (as it's been awhile since I lived there last) to find some of the places I used to go closer to the convention center. I'll get back to you either beforehand or at the convention. Just remind me there if you haven't heard from me before then.

@bloodsnake007 ...I agree with @Aniv TORCHY'S TACO above all! And their queso is the best in Austin in my opinion, but Mexican food in general is in abundance in Austin, a ton of great restaurants and food trailers...hard to go wrong. If yall arent from Texas though...let's talk BBQ!

My Messican hermano, you are in for a treat sir! I used to be a chef and share your love for tacos...There are a TON of good taco spots in Austin. All the way from roach coaches parked on the street corners to authentic Taquerias all the way up to some more imaginative gringos who make some killer tacos out of non-traditional stuff. Let me do some research (as it's been awhile since I lived there last) to find some of the places I used to go closer to the convention center. I'll get back to you either beforehand or at the convention. Just remind me there if you haven't heard from me before then.
@mlmaier84
tumblr_lu9wab8nrV1r0ojhto1_500.gif

"Messican" LOL! :hilarious:

You used to be a Chef!? :OMG: Mad love and respect my Ninja Bro! :cool: :thumbs:
@bloodsnake007 ...I agree with @Aniv TORCHY'S TACO above all! And their queso is the best in Austin in my opinion, but Mexican food in general is in abundance in Austin, a ton of great restaurants and food trailers...hard to go wrong. If yall arent from Texas though...let's talk BBQ!
@Aniv and @TheStixter Tochy's Tacos? I just looked at their website! :OMG: That tipsty taco looks and sounds delicious! :hungry:
tipsy taco.JPG

Another reason why I fu**ing LOVE HDN! :woot: Thanks for the recommendations Ninjas! :cool: This trip wont be about Mondo-Con, it'll be about discovering new Taco Shops! :drool: :hungry:

giphy.gif

taco_dance_by_mirz123.gif