Forget Disney, how about more HORROR steelbooks!

u want more horror steelbooks?

• HeLL YeAh! - Gimme more Horror steelbooks!

Votes: 68 61.8%
  • no man, i'm a wuss and cant handle it. I want more tom & jerry cartoons

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • maybe. will depend on artwork, features, transfer, discs ect

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Seriously. i'm on a fear trip right now after watching a bunch of horror over the weekend, and i figure there are far too many classic & newer horror movies that deserve immoratlilzation in cold hard steel *****! :scat: :scat:

like i wanna see face eatin zombies, baby-chewin demons and decapitation lovin crazies in steelbook form MaN! whos wit me? say wat horror movies u want Zavvi or FS or Wallmart or whoever to bring out for your non-kiddie friendly collection :cool:

Here's a list of quality horror suggestions offa the top of my head:

Halloween (original)
- this is gettin a new 35th anniversary bluray release in September, which will have a brand new HD remaster!

The Ring (original)
- gosh this started a whole new wave of horror in Asia, which was so popular abroad several US remakes were made which also did well. Hell even the american version of The Grudge starring SMG might be worthy also.

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
- zack synders's first movie was a remake of this classic zombie movie. while i normally prefer origionals over re-makes, i'm such a Snyder fan now that i'd blind buy a steel of this in a heartbeat. Of course I agree that there should be steels done for the classics and other remakes too :D

Candyman
- this 90's classic from Clive Barker very much reminded me of Wes Craven at his best, though cant really remember much as i was somewhat intoxicated when i saw this back in the day. I do remember Tony Todd being awesome as the title character though. :thumbs:

Antichrist
- sum f**ked up **** here, from a crazy Danish director staring my man Willian Dafoe which i'm not even sure if i wanna see lol

Suspiria
- after gettin Arrow's Demons 1/2 steelbook the other week, i wanna see a proper Dario Argento movie gettin steel treatment and this i hear is the best. I've actually seen a little of this a long time on ago on TV and remember it being very stylish, suspenseful and creepy. I'd love to know more, and the cult-heads are totally crazy for this movie. So if its good enough for them, its good enough for me :thumbs:

The Omen (original)
- i dont think it gets more classic than this when it comes to horror? 'nuf said.

This is all i can think of right now but there are loads of other movies i aint seen, especially in the last few years as i kinda lost interest as the genre has been pretty badly gimped in recent times, but please dont let my ramblings stop u from posting horror movie steelbook suggestions of movies that blew you away! :drool:

Last edited:
I've only recently started collecting steels properly. I am a big horror fan. I think the main Steelbook I would want to see is sinister. Its my favourite horror of all time. I think the Saw series could make a nice set. I recently had the idea that if they did the set as a "collection" they could print them so if all 7 steels are side by side in sequence then you would have the Image of Billy the puppet. I would also love the 1st silent hill movie in blu ray steelbook, I have revelations and they only released silent hill as a G1 Steel.

Joel

Reactions: SaberTooth
I've only recently started collecting steels properly. I am a big horror fan. I think the main Steelbook I would want to see is sinister. Its my favourite horror of all time. I think the Saw series could make a nice set. I recently had the idea that if they did the set as a "collection" they could print them so if all 7 steels are side by side in sequence then you would have the Image of Billy the puppet. I would also love the 1st silent hill movie in blu ray steelbook, I have revelations and they only released silent hill as a G1 Steel.

Joel

Some good suggestions there mate :thumbs:

PS - welcome to the site

Reactions: csirules
^^^ totally wld like a REC trilogy steel ..... ain't seen Sinister tho i assumed it was kinda tame.. but i guess i cld give it a shot if a steelbook ed. was announced

a SAW steel collection wld do well i think, for "shock" type horror its pretty mainstreem so there are alot of potential buyers at least :thumbs: a 2 or 3 steel collection with all of the films wld be the least risky option 4 a retailer like zavvi imo.... also more attractive 2 the casual collector who might be put off buying an expensive set of near empty 1-disc steelz

Here is a few others not mentioned in previous posts that I think might be nice:

SUBSPECIES series

All of Stephen King's titles would be EPIC!!! :D

Reactions: csirules
We definitely need an original Texas Chainsaw Massacre steelbook. The only "special" packaging I have seen for that movie is the German Digipack (which actually looks really cool, but the booklet that comes with it is in German). Also, The Fog getting a steelbook treatment would be pretty awesome.

Reactions: SaberTooth