Forrest Gump (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #139) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: September 9, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Price: CZK 1599 (E1) - 1199 (E2) - 1299 (E3) - 4999 (E4 Box)
Group buy: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 Box

fg1.jpgfg2.jpg 117385613_3856292674387258_8850141554675873120_o.jpg 117318647_3857953057554553_9200315024409917794_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remembered I already own the UK steel. :LOL:

Guess I'll wait to see what the slip looks like before deciding whether to double dip or not.

not fan of the film, not fan on mr Hanks, not at all fan of that backcover.

well, you can't love/have 'em all.

as my cash is low, gonna have to pass. but quite sure this will sell out quick.

but, @C.C. 95 @Hamill82 @Scary Hair might be interested in this ...
Words cannot express how much I hate this film. It literally insults its audience. "Hey, America- you don't know what the 50's- 80's was really about in America - so, We're going to explain it to you the only way you might understand- through the eyes of a moron." Roth and Zemeckis can blow it out their backsides, for this condescending drivel.

Words cannot express how much I hate this film. It literally insults its audience. "Hey, America- you don't know what the 50's- 80's was really about in America - so, We're going to explain it to you the only way you might understand- through the eyes of a moron." Roth and Zemeckis can blow it out their backsides, for this condescending drivel.

3952326+_f4e0317de7c478e0067b8e7353e2a7ec.jpg

I didn't like to say it myself for fear of being slated "Anti-American" , or just hateful git!

Now you've done it, I feel a lot better mate :)

I will add my overall summary of the film in one word: Bollocks!!

It's appeal I have never fathomed and never hope to.

Akin to the Toxic Avenger, amongst others, it makes me want to vomit - nay projectile vomit - especially at the dozy line "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get "
Yes you do you bloody moron! It tells you on the flaming box!!!

In fact this is the only film of Tom Hanks canon of work which provokes in me the need to perform acts of violence upon him.

Dare I add there are a lot more films from the past 20 years or more that have meandered/escaped their way from Hollywood which have the same regard for the audience.

As for Roth - come the revolution he's on the hit list - lol

Last edited:
Reactions: nefilim and C.C. 95
I didn't like to say it myself for fear of being slated "Anti-American" , or just hateful git!

Now you've done it, I feel a lot better mate :)

Dare I add there are a lot more films from the past 20 years or more that have meandered/escaped their way form Hollywood which have the same regard for the audience.

As for Roth - come the revolution he's on the hit list - lol

Apart from this Roth is an excellent writer and has made some superb work including House Of Cards with Kevin Spacey which his an exec producer on!

My only gripe with this film is that it didn't actually win its Oscars, they were given to it by the Oscar Board. It's well know Pulp Fiction swept the board that year on Academy votes but they were rejected by the 3 old tossers that run everything because the film was deemed unacceptable to be the outight winner. Gump didn't come close in the voting.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Apart from this Roth is an excellent writer and has made some superb work including House Of Cards with Kevin Spacey which his an exec producer on!

My only gripe with this film is that it didn't actually win its Oscars, they were given to it by the Oscar Board. It's well know Pulp Fiction swept the board that year on Academy votes but they were rejected by the 3 old tossers that run everything because the film was deemed unacceptable to be the outight winner. Gump didn't come close in the voting.

Oh, I can think of much more to condemn it mate - I went back and added to the original post; and let it off lightly at that :)

House of cards - is a very pale shadow of the original base material; but then it was always bound to be as the transfer from UK to US just doesn't work in those terms. So they tried to spice it up with three-in-a-bed sex etc. And you always know they ran out of ideas when they throw an old chestnut like that into the fire!

Roth, like so many of his ilk in the US, has stolen a living for many a long year off the back of this trite tripe.
Frankly, were I to let anything as remotely bad as Forrest Gump, Benjamin Button, or House of Cards scripts escape from captivity I would have to consider the cyanide option.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Oh, I can think of much more to condemn it mate - I went back and added to the original post; and let it off lightly at that :)

House of cards - is a very pale shadow of the original base material; but then it was always bound to be as the transfer from UK to US just doesn't work in those terms. So they tried to spice it up with three-in-a-bed sex etc. And you always know they ran out of ideas when they throw an old chestnut like that into the fire!

Roth, like so many of his ilk in the US, has stolen a living for many a long year off the back of this trite tripe.
Frankly, were I to let anything as remotely bad as Forrest Gump, Benjamin Button, or House of Cards scripts escape from captivity I would have to consider the cyanide option.

US House Of Cards is an absolute masterpiece utterly destroying the bland out of date source material and very poor UK version.

Last edited:

Roth regurgitated his same formula for Benjamin Button. (Another painfully stupid film).
I grew up watching the TWO House of Cards BBC series with Ian Richardson in the 90's - and the U.S. version has nothing on it.
It isn't that it is a UK is better than the US kind of thing at all. It is about an ORIGINAL being better than the copy.
And that flows BOTH ways.
Back before the Internet - it was common to steal ideas from people in other countries and pass it off as your own.
(Who is going to know?)
But now that is basically impossible without being called to the floor.
Example:
I laugh uncontrollably when Suzane Collins says she had never heard of Battle Royal before she wrote Hunger Games. She thought no one would know about this property from Japan. She stole it. Pure and simple.
But, as I said, it flows BOTH ways. The UK basically ripped off FRIENDS and called it COUPLING.
But almost always (with a FEW exceptions) the original is more potent.
Also stealing from the past without acknowledging it bugs me. People were raving about how we had never seen a character quite like Colin Firth in Kingsman. What?! Yes we have. He was doing John Steed from The Avengers!!- right down to the Umbrella!!
Anyway...
Roth stinks. I can't abide ANY writer that writes with contempt for his audience.
Rant Over.;)

Roth regurgitated his same formula for Benjamin Button. (Another painfully stupid film).
I grew up watching the TWO House of Cards BBC series with Ian Richardson in the 90's - and the U.S. version has nothing on it.
It isn't that it is a UK is better than the US kind of thing at all. It is about an ORIGINAL being better than the copy.
And that flows BOTH ways.
Back before the Internet - it was common to steal ideas from people in other countries and pass it off as your own.
(Who is going to know?)
But now that is basically impossible without being called to the floor.
Example:
I laugh uncontrollably when Suzane Collins says she had never heard of Battle Royal before she wrote Hunger Games. She thought no one would know about this property from Japan. She stole it. Pure and simple.
But, as I said, it flows BOTH ways. The UK basically ripped off FRIENDS and called it COUPLING.
But almost always (with a FEW exceptions) the original is more potent.
Also stealing from the past without acknowledging it bugs me. People were raving about how we had never seen a character quite like Colin Firth in Kingsman. What?! Yes we have. He was doing John Steed from The Avengers!!- right down to the Umbrella!!
Anyway...
Roth stinks. I can't abide ANY writer that writes with contempt for his audience.
Rant Over.;)

Whilst not getting too much into it and also im not sticking up for Suzanne Collins but I've had ideas for stories and certain things and then sometimes someone says "but that's like this ......film" and then they name a film or book I've never heard of. So it can happen, you can't know everything.

Also sub conscious comes into play sometimes. I wrote a basic idea and story (and even had the characters mapped out) for something years ago and realised its too much like spinal tap after putting hours and hours into it lol and I wasn't even trying for that one bit

A lot of music and musicians I love have all in a way copied their favourite bands or songs but with a twist and made it their own. Radiohead said that a lot that they did that and they are pretty much my favourite band.

Lol I forgot about coupling! That guy from Pirates of the Caribbean and the hot blonde

Anyway I really like Forrest Gump and Benjamin button (I love all fincher except alien 3)
I never got the original steel for this so I'm more than happy and although would be cool for different art for some, I'm kinda glad it's the classic front art.
Back art could be better though but I noticed it looks better on the steel than the mock up

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Whilst not getting too much into it and also im not sticking up for Suzanne Collins but I've had ideas for story's and certain things and then sometimes someone says "but that's like this ......film" and then they name a film or book I've never heard of. So it can happen, you can't know everything.

Also sub conscious comes into play sometimes. I wrote a basic idea and story (and even had the characters mapped out) for something years ago and realised its too much like spinal tap after putting hours and hours into it lol and I wasn't even trying for that one bit

A lot of music and musicians I love have all in a way copied their favourite bands or songs but with a twist and made it their own. Radiohead said that a lot that they did that and they are pretty much my favourite band.

Lol I forgot about coupling! That guy from Pirates of the Caribbean and the hot blonde

Anyway I really like Forrest Gump and Benjamin button (I love all fincher except alien 3)
I never got the original steel for this so I'm more than happy and although would be cool for different art for some, I'm kinda glad it's the classic front art.
Back art could be better though but I noticed it looks better on the steel than the mock up
When I have problems with films, I simply state my case. In no way am I ever trying to "talk someone out of" liking said film. Or disparaging the fact that they like it. I wholeheartedly acknowledge that tastes differ, and that will always be the case with subjective art forms.
Suzanne Collins is being a thief... I wholeheartedly stand by that one!:naughty: That case isn't like two bands using the same three chord structure for a song. The nuanced connections are deep - and that particular story had never seen its like before the Battle Royale novel. (Supporters for Collins will say she borrowed from "Lord of The Flies".
But that comparison is specious at best).
But the new thieves call things "influence" or "homage". And it really is an excuse for not having your own ideas.
Example: Mortal Instruments movie was on cable, and I was watching it. I had never seen it, never read the book- really knew nothing about it except that it was a YA novel and series.
These magical other folks in the movie refer to regular humans as "Mundanes". I thought - "really? That sounds a lot like Wizards in Harry Potter calling normal people "Muggles"". So I hit the Interwebs - and what do you know?
The author of Mortal Instruments created the series as Harry Potter Fan Fiction!!
Not a DROP of originality. (And let's not even talk about the YA copies of the copies! The 5th Mortal Divergant Twilight Hunger Maze?)
But rehashing others' work in a new package is sadly the norm now.

Reactions: Flloydo
When I have problems with films, I simply state my case. In no way am I ever trying to "talk someone out of" liking said film. Or disparaging the fact that they like it. I wholeheartedly acknowledge that tastes differ, and that will always be the case with subjective art forms.
Suzanne Collins is being a thief... I wholeheartedly stand by that one!:naughty: That case isn't like two bands using the same three chord structure for a song. The nuanced connections are deep - and that particular story had never seen its like before the Battle Royale novel. (Supporters for Collins will say she borrowed from "Lord of The Flies".
But that comparison is specious at best).
But the new thieves call things "influence" or "homage". And it really is an excuse for not having your own ideas.
Example: Mortal Instruments movie was on cable, and I was watching it. I had never seen it, never read the book- really knew nothing about it except that it was a YA novel and series.
These magical other folks in the movie refer to regular humans as "Mundanes". I thought - "really? That sounds a lot like Wizards in Harry Potter calling normal people "Muggles"". So I hit the Interwebs - and what do you know?
The author of Mortal Instruments created the series as Harry Potter Fan Fiction!!
Not a DROP of originality. (And let's not even talk about the YA copies of the copies! The 5th Mortal Divergant Twilight Hunger Maze?)
But rehashing others' work in a new package is sadly the norm now.

Oh I know your not talking anyone out of liking anything.
My point was just not everyone lies when they have never seen/ read or heard of the original source of their own creative piece if there is an extremely close connection to one. Happened to me a couple of times

Reactions: C.C. 95
Oh I know your not talking anyone out of liking anything.
My point was just not everyone lies when they have never seen/ read or heard of the original source of their own creative piece if there is an extremely close connection to one. Happened to me a couple of times
Oh, I believe you! I once wrote a song that turned out to be the theme song for a *tv show I had heard earlier in the day :rofl:!! (true story!)
But- I tossed it when I realized I was accidentally plagiarizing. (Which is what you should always do).

*...it was the theme to the Mary Tyler Moore show. (!) ...And it really was a great theme song! - Hüsker Dü even ended up doing a cover of it on one of their albums!!!:p

Reactions: Flloydo