Forrest Gump (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #139) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: September 9, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4
Price: CZK 1599 (E1) - 1199 (E2) - 1299 (E3) - 4999 (E4 Box)
Group buy: E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 Box

fg1.jpgfg2.jpg 117385613_3856292674387258_8850141554675873120_o.jpg 117318647_3857953057554553_9200315024409917794_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Words cannot express how much I hate this film. It literally insults its audience. "Hey, America- you don't know what the 50's- 80's was really about in America - so, We're going to explain it to you the only way you might understand- through the eyes of a moron." Roth and Zemeckis can blow it out their backsides, for this condescending drivel.

Ha, ha!

I'm in utter agreement @C.C. 95 !
I absolutely loathe this film!

I think the way it reduces something serious like the Vietnam War to a bit of a lark the most insulting!

Ha, ha!

I'm in utter agreement @C.C. 95 !
I absolutely loathe this film!

I think the way it reduces something serious like the Vietnam War to a bit of a lark the most insulting!
I think you guys are missing the whole point of the film.

Of course the Vietnam war wasn't a lark. But we see the whole movie through the eyes of a simple man. It was how he perceived events around him. Although he was highly intelligent in his own way, his views on life were simplified. He didn't see fear when he was running through the jungle carrying his brothers in arms. He just had goals, and carried them out as best he could.

That, coupled with a satirical look at life in the U.S. during his life..........

At the end of the day it's really just a popcorn movie. And a very entertaining one at that. It's not a historically correct biopic.

I think you guys are missing the whole point of the film.

Of course the Vietnam war wasn't a lark. But we see the whole movie through the eyes of a simple man. It was how he perceived events around him. Although he was highly intelligent in his own way, his views on life were simplified. He didn't see fear when he was running through the jungle carrying his brothers in arms. He just had goals, and carried them out as best he could.

That, coupled with a satirical look at life in the U.S. during his life..........

At the end of the day it's really just a popcorn movie. And a very entertaining one at that. It's not a historically correct biopic.

I appreciate your opinion @BluSteel2012 and I know the film has a lot of fans, but for me it is a film that celebrates stupidity and that just doesn't sit well with me and the overall experience is one as superficial and hollow as they come.
And I never found the character of Forrest Gump endearing, just incredibly grating and, when juxtaposed with serious social and political events in history, frankly insulting.

I'm a big fan of Zemeckis' output-the Back To The Future films are rightly regarded as classics, but Gump is a dud in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Vietnam war scene in the movie was once my favourite it was the first time (I think) we saw actual bullets zipping by the screen (CGI of course) it just blew my socks off! This is of course pre Saving private Ryan.

I'm a little bit confused as I'm still a bit of a novice using this site for exclusives. Will there be a GB for this or do we have to purchase through the website links? Also, will we see all the different versions well in advance of needing to decide which one to commit to (assuming there will be group buys)? I love this film and I've only seen the exclusives offered where the slip is a box of chocolates. I just can't bring myself to buy something I dislike that much, so I'm really hoping one of the options here will be better. Thanks for any help.

I'm a little bit confused as I'm still a bit of a novice using this site for exclusives. Will there be a GB for this or do we have to purchase through the website links? Also, will we see all the different versions well in advance of needing to decide which one to commit to (assuming there will be group buys)? I love this film and I've only seen the exclusives offered where the slip is a box of chocolates. I just can't bring myself to buy something I dislike that much, so I'm really hoping one of the options here will be better. Thanks for any help.

There will be GB but probably closer to the release date pending any delays. They usually show off the beauty shots before the GBs open, sometimes on the day of the GB, and if not then the GB hosts might allow you to change your mind on which edition you want depending on which version you like.

I didn't realise before that there was going to be an Edition 3 of this which will be a boxset combining Editions 1 and 2. Not sure if I will go for that for this movie maybe just the Fullslip or depending how good the lenti is.

Reactions: Veronica Mars
Earlier today I listened to Alan Silvestri's beautiful score and remembered the announcement for the Forrest Gump FAC. I wonder what happened to this edition. It was supposed to be released by Christmas
2016 :LOL:
, wasn't it?
If only FA actually did complete their announced projects instead of cranking out new ones on almost a weekly basis.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
This and a bunch of other WEA releases have been put on the back burner by FA, it seems

It's a shame because I didn't much like HDzeta's Forrest Gump but really wanted to see how this one turned out

You could say that about any movie!!

Its nice to have the option.

But if you must know, HD Zetas has Chinese text on the spine (big no no for me) and Blufans is pretty rubbish (and overpriced at that especially on the secondary market now)

This. HDZeta switched to English only spines and I love them all the more for it. But their FG release would look so out of place, and I’d love a beautiful FA edition on my shelf, their work is top notch

Reactions: BluSteel2012