Pieter V

Rise!
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2011
Netherlands
Release date: September 10th, 2012
Price: £10.99
Purchase link on Play.com
See the group buy here for members not in Europe.

Artwork has been posted (thanks to Noodles)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Actual pics: (tx to lgans316 & zesty)
FGUMP_UK_1.JPG

FGUMP_UK_2.JPG

FGUMP_UK_3.JPG

FGUMP_UK_4.JPG

1dc_21ceaf_35e2eff3_oJ.jpg.thumb

1dd_21ceae_cebd597_oJ.jpg.thumb

Attachments

• axraphhcaaacdt5jpglarge.jpg
    axraphhcaaacdt5jpglarge.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited by a moderator:
There will be some unhappy with the fact this is a re-release of a steel released in Germany, but again the German one did not have much going for it - amaray art, printed back, no inside art, blue banner - so this needed an upgrade.

Last edited:
Glad i held back on buying this. My good faith in the uk market has paid off. Will be picking this baby up for sure!

Oh, yes finnaly :oohyeah: One of the best movies ever for me, absolutely in my top 10 and now I will get this on steelbook, with (I hope) inner artwork and clean external artworks too. Thank you play! :D

Normally I'm always up for new artwork on steelbooks, but I actually wouldn't mind the orginal artwork for this one.... I think Forrest sitting on that bench captures the film beautifully.

It is after all where the story is told.

I agree. I think a lot of people were unhappy with the original artwork on the German release or maybe it was because it had a silver finish rather than white. Nonetheless I'm totally down with keeping them keeping the same artwork although not everyone will agree.

I agree. I think a lot of people were unhappy with the original artwork on the German release or maybe it was because it had a silver finish rather than white. Nonetheless I'm totally down with keeping them keeping the same artwork although not everyone will agree.

Yep, totally agree... the steelbook needs to be all white and not silver! With this being a Paramount pictures release I'm sure Wreck can make it happen!

Looks like I was right. Every German Paramount steelbook re-released in the UK. I wouldn't mind of I hadn't spent a fortune importing the German ones.