Frozen II (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 30, 2020 (Standard Edition) - April 20 June 19, 2020 (Collector's Edition)
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)

frozen2.jpg 12370557-1744723040475984.jpg
12370400-1224738878352833.jpg
12370400-1164722740554461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I'm a red carpet member I got no notification of the new Frozen 11 so went into the site (it's 6am for me) and yep I was able to order Frozen 11. Weird but I'm not complaining....
Same here. I actually got notification at 7am this morning, so some 7 hours after it went live for RC members so missed out on any discount codes working! Oh, well - ordered anyway. Win some, lose some, I guess.

I never got a email either (that came through 15 mins ago)

I just checked their site at midnight and it was live

Are they seriously charging GBP£50 for a slipcover and 4 pieces of paper and calling it a collectors edition? Or am I missing something else?

If that's the case, then anyone who buys that needs their head examined!

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
Are there any differences between the 3D and 4K collector's sets other than the different disc?

I ask because the price differences don't match up. There is a £14.00 difference between the £25.99 (3D+2D) and the £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition).

There is a £17.00 difference between the £32.99 (4K+2D) and the £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition).

Strange.

Are there any differences between the 3D and 4K collector's sets other than the different disc?

I ask because the price differences don't match up. There is a £14.00 difference between the £25.99 (3D+2D) and the £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition).

There is a £17.00 difference between the £32.99 (4K+2D) and the £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition).

Strange.

It's been like that with previous films, but don't worry, people will pay it, which is why Zavvi keep charging it!!

I see the 3D standard versions have snuck up a extra quid

£25.99 now

To be honest, I'm done with Zavvi steelbooks, I can pick up the 3D blu-ray up for 18, or spend another tenner for the steelbook (no thanks!) and now all their standard steelbooks seem to be 4K; which I refuse to pay in excess of 30 for; therefore I shall save my money and spend elsewhere!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Ordered the basic steelbook but this slipcase looks impressive with the cut-out characters and branches within the central panel . . . proper silhouette detail going back to its origins.

Don't personally buy steelbooks with slipcases but this beauty adding some £10 -15 to the basic price doesn't seem unreasonable to me . . . if same design as the US steel then the old saying about putting sh!t in a sandwich not making it Nutella does not apply here (unlike some others where the slipcase is the best part of the package concealing truly hideous steelbooks).

Are they seriously charging GBP£50 for a slipcover and 4 pieces of paper and calling it a collectors edition? Or am I missing something else?

If that's the case, then anyone who buys that needs their head examined!

I am all for premiums but this is way too expensive for what they are offering.

There is no difference but the disk configuration, that’s it EEK!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Just back from seeing this with my 9yr old. Good sequel.

I was wondering where they could have gone on to from the first one, but they've come up with a decent story. Breathtaking animation of course as usual from Disney.

3D steelbook preordered for now.....

Well after much debate this morning I did end up caving and going for the 4k steelbook with the slip cover. @BluSteel2012 I will be available for my head examination from Wednesday night.

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
There’s always been a code. Long before Red Carpet was a thing. We all used the Welcome code on pre orders before Red Carpet and before that Voucher Code codes etc
Before red carpet there was no early access and them codes never seem to work on pre-orders, even the ones they email out, I've tried within the first few minutes of items being available to pre-order and they don't work. must be very rare or only on certain titles they do work, you lot are trying to make it sound like they work on everything