Frozen II (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 30, 2020 (Standard Edition) - April 20 June 19, 2020 (Collector's Edition)
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition - 3D+2D Collector's Edition
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D) - £49.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition) - £39.99 (3D+2D Collector's Edition)

frozen2.jpg 12370557-1744723040475984.jpg
12370400-1224738878352833.jpg
12370400-1164722740554461.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to cancel mine as was being sent to my office which is closed. Hoping stock will appear again as I really want this one.

Would of thought so. Just keep an eye out over the next few days. Maybe the weekend or Monday

Reactions: Coolsambob
Zavvi caught me with a few steelbooks before I got paid and so all ended up with payment problems. I resolved them all now but the only one not currently processing with my bank is the 3D version of Frozen 2.
Should I be worried that they don't have the stock for me?

Funnily enough, when Frozen came out all those years ago, almost exactly the same problem happened and i didn't end up getting it until the did the lenticular re-release years later.

Got mine today. Nice steelbook, but somewhat non-plussed by the finish; it’s a little dull (although I still like it overall)

Seperate, unrelated question - does anyone else think Zavvi are really struggling badly at present? I’m absolutely inundated with emails from them lately to the point I might unsubscribe from them...Some days I’m getting several, where they’re trying to push offers..

Attachments

• D85A52EB-6189-458A-B6F5-5A833943BF6C.jpeg
    D85A52EB-6189-458A-B6F5-5A833943BF6C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
  • C8ACEBD7-9378-4E69-A9F3-C1316E42060B.jpeg
    C8ACEBD7-9378-4E69-A9F3-C1316E42060B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
Last edited:
Got mine today. Nice steelbook, but somewhat non-plussed by the finish; it’s a little dull (although I still like it overall)

Seperate, unrelated question - does anyone else think Zavvi are really struggling badly at present? I’m absolutely inundated with emails from them lately to the point I might unsubscribe from them...Some days I’m getting several, where they’re trying to push offers..
A lot of on-line retailers are sending emails not just Zavvi
I got loads from different music/film retailers and other businesses that have on-line stores

With most high street shops closed it's not unexpected to be getting increase of offers to shop on-line.

Reactions: gaeljet

i can’t tell from the pics. Does it have spot gloss?

Anyone got the 3D version yet? Does it have the Disney classics 57 logo on the side of the j card?

They changed the style from the very noticeable numbers in yellow/gold ovals (which I liked) to something more streamlined (which I don't like) to reviving the no classic numbers as seen on the first three releases and also seen on a couple of later releases such as TREASURE PLANET making this the sixth Disney Classic without a classic number on the spine:-
Capture.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Blu-ray-Bro
A lot of on-line retailers are sending emails not just Zavvi
I got loads from different music/film retailers and other businesses that have on-line stores

With most high street shops closed it's not unexpected to be getting increase of offers to shop on-line.
Oh, I totally get the need for retailers to push their business moron.ine during these days, but Zavvi are an online retailer, not a brick and mortar store...

For comparisons sake, I also subscribe to HMV and Zoom.co.uk to receive offers and newsletters. Whilst I’m possibly seeing slightly more emails than usual from HMV, it pales in comparison to what Zavvi are doing.

At the end of the day, hope we all get through this relatively unscathed! Everyones health is absolutely paramount during these difficult times, but hugely worried by the potential economic consequences as well...

They changed the style from the very noticeable numbers in yellow/gold ovals (which I liked) to something more streamlined (which I don't like) to reviving the no classic numbers as per the first three releases and also on later examples such as TREASURE PLANET making this the sixth Disney Classic without a classic number in the spine:-
View attachment 466852
Whilst I keep the j-cards safe and secure in the loft, all my Disney films are stored In my units, with protective sleeves to keep them unscratched. Didnt notice the spine numbering (or lack thereof) until you pointed it out!

Whilst I keep the j-cards safe and secure in the loft, all my Disney films are stored In my units, with protective sleeves to keep them unscratched. Didnt notice the spine numbering (or lack thereof) until you pointed it out!
Yes, without the J-card (on the very first release - ALADDIN) or the O-rings (on all subsequent releases) there's nothing on the steelbooks themselves by way of a classic number.

Reactions: Andycadle84
Oh, I totally get the need for retailers to push their business moron.ine during these days, but Zavvi are an online retailer, not a brick and mortar store...

For comparisons sake, I also subscribe to HMV and Zoom.co.uk to receive offers and newsletters. Whilst I’m possibly seeing slightly more emails than usual from HMV, it pales in comparison to what Zavvi are doing.

At the end of the day, hope we all get through this relatively unscathed! Everyones health is absolutely paramount during these difficult times, but hugely worried by the potential economic consequences as well...

For me It’s the normal amount they send out tbh. Always getting loads of email deals from them everyday and have down for years but I have seen an increase from other retailers like you said obviously due to the situation

Reactions: Andycadle84
For me It’s the normal amount they send out tbh. Always getting loads of email deals from them everyday and have down for years but I have seen an increase from other retailers like you said obviously due to the situation
Maybe I’m just noticing it more now, that’s all...
Heres hoping Zavvi, as well as all the other companies out there, see this out. It’s a catch 22 - people are going to be far more inclined to hold on to their money through fear of job losses etc, but the economy needs people to spend their disposable income on things they essentially don’t need to keep the nation ticking over.

Sticky situation for many of us...

Reactions: Flloydo