Mondo FROZEN II by Tom Whalen

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Tomorrow we’re heading into the unknown with Tom Whalen and his gorgeous poster for Disney’s FROZEN II.

FROZEN took the world by storm when it was unleashed on the world in 2013, and six years later, Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven are back in one of the most visually stunning films of the year in FROZEN II. We worked with Tom Whalen on a poster for the first film in 2014, and we are excited to have had the opportunity to again work with Tom on a follow up poster for this wonderful sequel. We love these characters and are huge fans of the film, so this is one we could not wait to share with you.

From Tom “The FROZEN poster that I designed back in 2014 has consistently been one of my most-requested prints, so I was jazzed when Mondo asked me for my take on FROZEN II. My goal for this design was to maintain the open, airy feel of the first poster, while giving the characters them a bit more depth and volume that the evolution of my style has allowed. I chose to design this as a floating composition and steer away from the color-to-the-edge approach of the original poster. It was a treat to revisit this crew of characters, and I can only hope to spend some time with them again in a few years.”

This is also the first poster that will release on THE DROP, the latest addition to our newly updated web store: mondoshop.com. PLEASE NOTE that this poster, and other limited edition items will no longer debut on the home page, they will land exclusively on THE DROP at it’s pre-designated time. If you have any questions, be sure to check out mondoshop.com and it’s FAQ page, or this instructional video from Pete Kompüder to familiarize yourself about THE DROP.

FROZEN II by Tom Whalen will be available Tuesday February 18, 2020 at 11AM (CT) on THE DROP at mondoshop.com/collections/the-drop.

1.jpg
FROZEN II by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" Screenprinted Poster. Hand numbered. Edition of 370. Printed by DL Screenprinting. Expected to Ship in May 2020. Ships to Addresses in the United States, Puerto Rico, & Canada. $60

Reactions: tommyh84