Fuel - Biggest Game EVER - Confirmed Via Guiness World Records

Jan 29, 2009
With 5, 560 square miles of accessible in-game terrain, Codemasters' Fuel is the biggest console game of all time, and they've got the Guinness World Records certificate to prove it.

The award for largest playable area in a console game was awarded to Fuel developer Asobo Studios. Guinness World Records presented the developer with a certificate to commemorate the achievement, which will be included in the next printing of the Guinness World Records Gamers Edition.

"Largest playable area in a console game: The largest playable environment in a console game is 5,560 square miles (14,400 km²), and is featured in FUEL (Codemasters, 2009). The area features rivers, deserts, forests and mountains and was demonstrated at the offices of Guinness World Records, London, UK, on 20 May 2009."

Watch the video to see Asobo co-founders David Dedeine and Sebastian Wloch discuss the technology behind their record-setting game, and check out the photo below to see the team standing around holding a certificate.

ABSORBO.jpg

its technical, not something the end user can truly understand/comprehend etc. besides "the game is big" ... where as with the programs that make video games each section will have a measuring in which case this is how they can prove it.

I hope that all the time they spent on Fuel wont allow for lack of quality for Damnation.

I hope the racing in this game is half as good as burnout. That's the best racing game i've ever played. MUCH better than pacific rift. I can actually control my car in Burnout.

But on topic... That's awesome! I wonder how they measure it too, and wonder how it compares to the area of burnout. I know when I try to get somewhere specific in that game it feels like I ride forever, I don't know how i'd feel knowing I had to ride FARTHER. lol.
________
Prilosec class action lawsuit

Last edited:
I hope the racing in this game is half as good as burnout. That's the best racing game i've ever played. MUCH better than pacific rift. I can actually control my car in Burnout.

But on topic... That's awesome! I wonder how they measure it too, and wonder how it compares to the area of burnout. I know when I try to get somewhere specific in that game it feels like I ride forever, I don't know how i'd feel knowing I had to ride FARTHER. lol.

Burnout to me was long until you got used to the map, then the long parts were one side of the map to another. This game looks interesting, but it would be a buy for me later down the road like Burnout, because I don't have money, and its not high on my list.

i imagine it's drawn and rendered much like autocad. it's drawn 1:1. A pretty simple concept. the same way they know how large a vehicle shpould be, or a person for that matter.

* A demo is planned FUEL?

Of course! It will be very soon available for download. The online mode will obviously be present, but limited in time. We also offer a very accessible, without providing the entire world.