Future Shop [Canada] reconsiders Steelbook™ packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Just saw this at FS forum. As the most popular and active Steelbook nd Collectibles forum I thought I would repost this here in case you had not seen it yet. As most of our Group Buy leaders and friends from Canada have been affected for years, hopefully this means additional retailers will recognize the need for more secure packaging as some if not all of the Amazon sites have as well as Play.com. I've seen the previous packaging used, over my years of collecting, as they've been passed on to me for group buys I've conducted myself, and Steelbooks were generally previously packaged like regular Amarays, which is just not adequate. Since many amazing Exclusives have come from Futureshop, this seems to be excellent news and a great step in a new direction.

Good to see another retailer starting discussions and considering community feedback on this topic which affects all collectibles collectors. Thanks Saybinator at FS!

Author: saybinator (Emerging Expert)
Date: 08-10-2012 04:38 PM

We have seen overwhelming feedback from the forum to improve the shipping packaging for Steelbook Movies from futureshop.ca. We have been working with the logistic team responsible for shipping to provide an immediate solution to better protect steelbooks from shipment damage.

Steelbook Movies from Futureshop.ca are now being shipped in Cardboard Boxes, along with the appropriate amount of packing materials inside. Many of you have commented that you have received the new packaging already and have been pleasantly surprised. This is not a random occurrence; this will now be the standard for steelbook shipments. Please note, initial cardboard box sizes for these shipments will be rather large relative to a Steelbook™ Movie. Steps are being taken to adjust packaging dimensions so we aren’t shipping “air” and being eco friendly. Your patience with this is appreciated, this was our best immediate solution to solve the feedback being received.

Steelbook Movie Offerings have been a long standing program at Future Shop with our Movie Studio Partners. The Buying team is as passionate about bringing these to market as you are owning them. With the increased convenience of pre-ordering Steelbooks online, we want you to feel confident that we have taken steps to ensure these products arrive at your door in pristine condition. Futureshop.ca continues to exponentially increase availability and is quickly become the best way to guarantee you a copy.

If you've continued to support the Steelbook program through futureshop.ca thanks for your patience and support. If you've not purchased a Steelbook Movie before, or if you had previous concerns with packaging we would encourage you again with the recent changes.

Please continue to share your feedback in these forums. We do listen, and we do our best to ensure you are satisfied with your purchases.

Special thanks to Aaron158, Danno82, Atomic, AlbusCC, Landy and Blu-Vie for their feedback in a previous thread.

Thanks for the feedback on behalf of all involved in the Future Shop Movie Team.

Last edited:
I've received today 2 SteelBooks in a new smaller box, but with no paddind.
This box can up hold to 4 SteelBooks. As you can see in the pics there is very little space from the sides for the Steels to move, but still can be a problem. The empty space on top is worse for 1 or 2 Steels, 3 not so much and 4 would leave no space. Padding inside the box would be better, but overall it is a smaller and better box than previously used and very sturdy.
The Doom SteelBooks from the Universal wave I've received are of poor quality and are full of paint chips. One is worse with a spine slash that was clearly done before the plastic wrapper was put on. Good thing I always order 2 SteelBooks.

9130603062_62288a27f0_b.jpg

9130607200_5c199f69d2_b.jpg

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
Status
Not open for further replies.