Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
one thing that can be improved? Their 1-800 number service. Currently sitting on hold for the past 15...now 16 minutes.
It always depend of the hour of the day you call. In my case, the rare time I phone them is during the morning when the rest of the country sleep ;)

They really need to improve their packaging for shipping, shipping these collectors items in a simple padded envelope is not cool.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

When\where did they announce this?

Anxious to see the new packaging for steelbooks they just announced.

My local FS store, and I assume all of the FS stores, have recently revamped and reorganized their DVD and Blu-Ray sections of the store. After this happened I noticed they got rid of old stock of movies, incuding many steelbooks/metal packagings but they did keep their "Steebook Display Section" with alot of the HP and older Alliance waves and of course new release steelbooks.

However, it appears (at least in my local FS) they have now got rid of the Steelbook Display Section totally and now the only steelbooks left for movies (other than new releases) is Spiderman. :(

Just wondering if these changes are widespread and if this is a sign that FS is slowly moving away from Movie Steelbooks, or what the heck is going on.

I was told that they were just clearing out old inventory to make room for new. Maybe that means we'll be getting a new wave of steelbooks! There was only one FS near me (out of 6 or so) that actually had a designated SB section, and I think they still have it. I'm gonna keep my head up and think positive thoughts....

Reactions: stinkofdefeat
I have question I'm hoping someone can help me with. If you pre-order something at $35 and the price drops to $27 (as it did on the new Spiderman SB), does FS refund the difference? If so, do they do it automatically, or do you have to ask for it?

I have question I'm hoping someone can help me with. If you pre-order something at $35 and the price drops to $27 (as it did on the new Spiderman SB), does FS refund the difference? If so, do they do it automatically, or do you have to ask for it?

They will refund the difference but lately I've had to ask them after the fact. They system use to do it automatically so check your price the day your item is shipped to make sure :)

There's about 3 future shop in my area.. i live in Scarborough toronto. Their SP section is sooo small too. So are they really cutting down on making these stuff of what??:ohno:

Obtaining Future Shop Steelbooks from the UK

Hello,

This is my first post on here so be gentle :)

I've purchased quite a few steels and am now interested in purchasing some from Future Shop. As they don't do international shipping is there another way to obtain them? (trade perhaps?).

Thanks

Once you reach 30 posts, you will be able to participate in Group Buys, where someone from Canada will purchase the copies from future shop and sell to the member at cost price + shipping and a small fee. :)

I had to take the packing slip I got with my E.T. pre-order in to my local FS and get them to refund my card the difference. The pre-order price was $22.49 and the in store price was $14.99. Quite a difference there.

I e-mailed CS before it was released and told them my pre-order price did not change to the lower one but they kept claiming it would change once it shipped but it never did.

You really have to keep and eye on prices and what you are actually being charged.

so I have noticed that Future Shop since implementing its new packaging for steelbooks has been sending steelbooks in a box with packaging BUT is still sending viva metal box orders in bubble mailers.... would be nice if they sent the viva's in a box as well with packaging. Not sure if Im the only one experiencing this but if Im not it would be nice if someone could get this information to someone where it could make a difference at Future Shop HQ.

so I have noticed that Future Shop since implementing its new packaging for steelbooks has been sending steelbooks in a box with packaging BUT is still sending viva metal box orders in bubble mailers.... would be nice if they sent the viva's in a box as well with packaging. Not sure if Im the only one experiencing this but if Im not it would be nice if someone could get this information to someone where it could make a difference at Future Shop HQ.

Your not the only one. Apparently the new packaging was only stressed to be used on SteelBooks and not other metal packagings (Big Mistake!), but I believe this was discussed over on the FS forums when Avengers was released and the mods over there said it would be fixed.