Galaxy Quest (20th Anniversary) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: September 17, 2019 - July 12, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $14.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1562880014045.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh goody!
Still hoping for European release, & have been keeping an eye on Amazon it listing, release date September 11. No mention of this being a steelbook, & sharing release date with other Paramount movies (Fatal Attraction, 48 Hours, & Airplane among others), but your news gives me hope :thumbs:.
'Never give up, never surrender...'
Yes, we defo need a European release of this! Even better with 4K, but can live without if no 4K version being released as yet.

P.S. - 20 YEARS! Can't believe it was that long ago already! A sign of getting old, I suppose... :ohno:

Yes, we defo need a European release of this! Even better with 4K, but can live without if no 4K version being released as yet.

P.S. - 20 YEARS! Can't believe it was that long ago already! A sign of getting old, I suppose... :ohno:

:facepalm: Don't get your hopes up with the Amazon it release. Artwork showing to be regular amaray, still listed at twice the price of other sellers.
I've found that with age comes senility :eggonface: :old:

Given the overwhelming demand, I've gone ahead and made a group buy for this release. As I'm unable to return items in bulk to Best Buy any more, it is expected that you will need to honor your request with me if you place an order with this GB. This means no cancellations allowed after the GB order is placed. If you are unsure, I would suggest waiting to purchase. Thanks!

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/galaxy-quest-blu-ray-steelbook.915/

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
Given the overwhelming demand, I've gone ahead and made a group buy for this release. As I'm unable to return items in bulk to Best Buy any more, it is expected that you will need to honor your request with me if you place an order with this GB. This means no cancellations allowed after the GB order is placed. If you are unsure, I would suggest waiting to purchase. Thanks!

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/galaxy-quest-blu-ray-steelbook.915/
Thank you so much for the GB, Andy:notworthy: Ordered with The Exorcist:thumbs:

Yeah, they apparently had discussions about me returning 20 damaged steelbooks at a time :rolleyes:
Maybe if they did a better job protecting them during shipping you wouldn’t have to return so many damaged ones.

Cheers, matey. Just wondered with it being a special edition, if there were any different bonus features.
Sorry to say doesn't look like any special 20th Anniversary features . . . maybe these will come with an eventual 4K UHD release ...
  • Galaxy Quest Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray Steelbook includes:
  • • Galactopedia-On-screen information about characters, ships, aliens and more
  • • Historical Documents: The Story of Galaxy Quest - Cast and filmmakers discuss how the film came together
  • • Never Give Up, Never Surrender: The Intrepid Crew of the NSEA Protector-Celebrates the incredibly talented cast
  • • By Grabthar's Hammer, What Amazing Effects-Explores the effects by ILM and Stan Winston
  • • Alien School-Creating the Thermian Race-Actor Enrico Colantoni's process of developing the voice and manner of an alien race
  • • Actors in Space-Delves into the psyche of the cast
  • • Sigourney Weaver Raps- Needs no further explanation
  • • Deleted Scenes
  • • Theatrical Trailer
... which looks to be the same as the previous US ...
1566754153762.png

... apart from the Thermian audio track which appears to be absent . . . and the exact same 'Specials' as printed on the back of my UK Amaray.

Steelbook could hardly look any nicer tho and goes without saying that a better disc can be added when available.

• Thanks
  • Informative
Reactions: spookz and milky
Is it region coded? Would be interested, but don't have a multi-region player. Thanks
Yep, would like to know the region code as well. If region free I will grab one in GB and add it to my JW3....
Galaxy Quest is a Paramount release, it will be region-free (all previous US & UK Blu-ray releases of Galaxy Quest have been region-free).