Galaxy Quest (20th Anniversary) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: September 17, 2019 - July 12, 2022 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $14.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1562880014045.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask Zavvi here in UK yesterday if they get this, has they get alot of the steelbooks and they said no. :( That sucks. Ebay users rip off prices. I love this movie and the steelbook looks amazing. Would of been nice if it had 4K with it.

Reactions: Leafs17
Mine arrived early today, glossy with nice metallic effects! Love the purple.

o4xQ909h.jpg

Interior is just embers/sparks or whatnot, like lots of those Paramount Wave steelbooks from last year.
So glad they glossed it. Looks like I’ll be putting the j-card on the inside of this one too

Reactions: Mike Haley
I didn't note a Best Buy Canada thread for this, and It doesn't say so in the listing title, but it would appear that this is also available at Best Buy Canada. Photo is the same as Best Buy USA, as is the release date, and the pricing seems similar. I also note that Best Buy USA only has the 1 Galaxy Quest SteelBook SKU dropping on 09.17.19, so it would be odd for Best Buy Canada to have a unique, one-off, dropping on the same day, and for Best Buy USA not to have it.

Galaxy Quest | Best Buy Canada

I didn't note a Best Buy Canada thread for this, and It doesn't say so in the listing title, but it would appear that this is also available at Best Buy Canada. Photo is the same as Best Buy USA, as is the release date, and the pricing seems similar. I also note that Best Buy USA only has the 1 Galaxy Quest SteelBook SKU dropping on 09.17.19, so it would be odd for Best Buy Canada to have a unique, one-off, dropping on the same day, and for Best Buy USA not to have it.

Galaxy Quest | Best Buy Canada

@Stygian @Drum18

Reactions: Stygian
@Thwip @Leafs17
I put in an order for this on Monday at Best Buy Canada just to see if it is actually a steelbook. I saw the movie in the theater back when and thought it was just OK. I haven't seen it since. I don't plan to keep it. It hasn't shipped yet but I should get it on Wednesday and I'll let everybody know.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Thwip and dfoles
@Thwip @Leafs17
I put in an order for this on Monday at Best Buy Canada just to see if it is actually a steelbook. I saw the movie in the theater back when and thought it was just OK. I haven't seen it since. I don't plan to keep it. It hasn't shipped yet but I should get it on Wednesday and I'll let everybody know.

Apparently these are available for reserve and pick-up in stores so I have cancelled my order.

Reactions: Thwip
Only saw one on the floor myself and snagged it. Has a tiny dent on the bottom side, nothing terrible. Otherwise it’s in great condition.

The scan doesn’t do it justice, there are nice metallic effects and the gloss makes the colors pop

Reactions: Stygian
i wasnt gonna get this, i like the movie but not for regular price, then it came down to less than 15 bucks n i was like maybe i will get it if in stuck by today when i pick my spider man and there you go it was besides spider man lol, i ended up getting it and man those pix dont really capture those purple colors once in hand, really nice done......the back is another story lol

i wasnt gonna get this, i like the movie but not for regular price, then it came down to less than 15 bucks n i was like maybe i will get it if in stuck by today when i pick my spider man and there you go it was besides spider man lol, i ended up getting it and man those pix dont really capture those purple colors once in hand, really nice done......the back is another story lol
Hmm. I may buy this now. For 15 I guess its’ worth getting...still wish they’d done a 4k remaster...but until then.....

By chance did they fix the "F that" scene in the movie? I'm waiting for them to do this before I buy another copy.