Game of Thrones - The Complete Collection (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: November 3rd, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $239.99

6420103_so.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Same bonus material as the other complete series release IIRC, just the two bonus discs and the animated history disc. Not sure if the content on the two bonus discs is different, or if the UHDs have other bonus features yet.

Once I hopefully get a replacement set tomorrow I’ll swap the frames in the seventh and eighth season Steelbooks with four disc flip tray frames, and will put the first bonus disc in seven and the second in eight and get rid of the animated history disc.

Then I’ll give it all a watch.

It’s been confirmed?

Look at the previous LOTR Steelbooks, that Warner has seemingly stopped doing better finishes again at least in the US, and the fact that they’ve never put out a set like this that wasn’t matte (save for in Europe but that’s Zavvi for you) and you’ve got a likely answer there.

And just look at them, design wise they look like they’ll be matte.

It’s been confirmed?
Look at the previous LOTR Steelbooks, that Warner has seemingly stopped doing better finishes again at least in the US, and the fact that they’ve never put out a set like this that wasn’t matte (save for in Europe but that’s Zavvi for you) and you’ve got a likely answer there.

And just look at them, design wise they look like they’ll be matte.
Scanavo lists them with zero finish.

Once I hopefully get a replacement set tomorrow I’ll swap the frames in the seventh and eighth season Steelbooks with four disc flip tray frames, and will put the first bonus disc in seven and the second in eight and get rid of the animated history disc.
That sounds like a plan, I loath stacked hubs. What do you use as a source?

I've read a few posts on another site mentioning that some people are missing discs in one of their seasons.
Sometimes one disc, sometimes all the discs in season 7 (empty steelbook). Not always the same season is missing a disc.
It varies.

"Opened my set today. Season 7 box was totally empty. No discs whatsoever... "

"Someone on BBs website had the exact same issue only they are missing season 2."

"Yes - Definitely check the discs on all of your seasons with this set. I just exchanged mine for the regular set at Best Buy, as Season One was missing discs 2 and 4, and there were duplicate copies of disc 3."

"My top was also slightly dented. Everyone make sure you check your discs, because I was missing discs 3 and 4 from season 1. Luckily I already had the original 4k release, so I swapped in the discs, but still..."

Wahoo! Had to drive an hour to the closest location and they only had one so I wouldn’t have a selection and it was a gamble but I finally got a replacement and it’s essentially mint save for two slight scratches on the front right edge and the top-rear corner, which are visible in this photo. Can dab a permanent marker on it and make it disappear, no big deal. Now to get to modding!

nKtmmZT.jpg

That sounds like a plan, I loath stacked hubs. What do you use as a source?

The Steve Austin four movie steelbook collection is regularly $10 on Amazon and continuously stocked, it’s the best balance of ease/price that you can get a donor four-disc fliptray frame from.

Reactions: Mararagan
I've read a few posts on another site mentioning that some people are missing discs in one of their seasons.
Sometimes one disc, sometimes all the discs in season 7 (empty steelbook). Not always the same season is missing a disc.
It varies.

"Opened my set today. Season 7 box was totally empty. No discs whatsoever... "

"Someone on BBs website had the exact same issue only they are missing season 2."

"Yes - Definitely check the discs on all of your seasons with this set. I just exchanged mine for the regular set at Best Buy, as Season One was missing discs 2 and 4, and there were duplicate copies of disc 3."

"My top was also slightly dented. Everyone make sure you check your discs, because I was missing discs 3 and 4 from season 1. Luckily I already had the original 4k release, so I swapped in the discs, but still..."

I'm missing a single disc (Season 2 Disc 4). I talked to customer service and they were unable to supply me with a disc, but they did give me a $23.99 refund.
Since there is no stand alone season 2 UHD release, looks like I won't be getting that disc...

• Wow
Reactions: Stygian
I'm missing a single disc (Season 2 Disc 4). I talked to customer service and they were unable to supply me with a disc, but they did give me a $23.99 refund.
Since there is no stand alone season 2 UHD release, looks like I won't be getting that disc...

I would try contacting Warner Brothers to see if they could provide a disc for you.