Game of Thrones - The Complete Collection (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: November 3rd, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $239.99

6420103_so.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's hardly a fair comparison.

TLOU2 was derided by a vocal minority because its story was an affront to their ignorance.

GoT's final season is the worst final season of any major TV series in television history and it offended virtually everybody for the simple fact that it was garbage.

Hyperbole aside, you must not have seen Dexter.

Reactions: MrSquifler
This getting released makes me hopeful they’ll do something nice for a Breaking Bad 4K Set. Maybe once Better Call Saul wraps up they can do them both.
I'm not even sure the first few seasons were broadcast in HD or DD 5.1. I'm worried about the masters and how Breaking Bad will look in a 4K transfer, obviously nothing like the audio and video compared to GOT which may turn out to be the best looking and sounding TV series ever on 4K. Or at least has the chance to be, I'm excited to see what it looks and sounds like in 4K with Dolby Atmos(can't imagine it wouldn't get an Atmos soundtrack) in a proper HT setup. Hopefully someone puts some money into restoring Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
Probably the best packing i have seen for these thin metal cases. Shame the set it so expensive and after the special edition release from last year

I believe the packaging you are seeing is how they are being shipped to the stores.
hopefully they are shipped to customers the same way. I believe that the Harry Potter sets from the past were shipped the same way.

I believe the packaging you are seeing is how they are being shipped to the stores.
hopefully they are shipped to customers the same way. I believe that the Harry Potter sets from the past were shipped the same way.
Best buy shipped me the Harry Potter box set like that, but the box still had small dents.

Wasn’t shipped in the much better packaging direct from Warner with the foam blocks like the Harry Potter box initially was, so of course it arrived damaged.

z1cs7gk.jpg

Surprisingly, every steelbook is undamaged. Season six has a wildly misaligned print on the spine though. Will still be looking to getting a replacement because the box is beautiful and I’d like a proper season six spine.

GSvrYz6.jpg

Seasons 1-6 have four-disc flip tray frames(!), season seven is a standard three disc frame, and season eight is a stacker frame with the three UHDs and three bonus discs stacked.

Here are the Steelbooks:

WY7RyoW.jpg

TbTyBd6.jpg

Wasn’t shipped in the much better packaging direct from Warner with the foam blocks like the Harry Potter box initially was, so of course it arrived damaged.

z1cs7gk.jpg

Surprisingly, every steelbook is undamaged. Season six has a wildly misaligned print on the spine though. Will still be looking to getting a replacement because the box is beautiful and I’d like a proper season six spine.

GSvrYz6.jpg

Seasons 1-6 have four-disc flip tray frames(!), season seven is a standard three disc frame, and season eight is a stacker frame with the three UHDs and three bonus discs stacked.

Here are the Steelbooks:

WY7RyoW.jpg

TbTyBd6.jpg
That 6 spine is wild. You can even see the bottom rounded corner between prints.

GSvrYz6.jpg

You got some wild stuff happening with your copy.

And, honestly, I have never seen a misaligned spine like yours.

Holy cow

Same as the HP steels, streaky matte finish. Imagine how much better these would've looked in a glossy finish. Same for V for Vendetta :(